Physics Tutoring : what is Zhang's really like? (1 Viewer)

Bluerose

HSC
Hi,
I am currently in Year 11 and I need to find a physics tutor as my class is being taught by two teachers who are job sharing - but not working well together:(
Half my class is talking of dropping Physics in Term 4- this is not an option for me so need to get help.
I have heard about Zhang's and Matrix and looked at their websites and am now confused as to which to pick.

Has anyone been to either of these places, or knows a good tutor ?

Many thanks:spin:

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
Hi,
I am currently in Year 11 and I need to find a physics tutor as my class is being taught by two teachers who are job sharing - but not working well together:(
Half my class is talking of dropping Physics in Term 4- this is not an option for me so need to get help.
I have heard about Zhang's and Matrix and looked at their websites and am now confused as to which to pick.

Has anyone been to either of these places, or knows a good tutor ?

Many thanks:spin:
I go to Matrix Physics and honestly while a few of the teachers may not be the best, a lot are really good, especially the one I have currently
The book that you get from matrix is honestly the best tbh. Ive never had to make notes for physics as the book is already very succinct and explains everything clearly.
So yes Matrix overall I would say is quite good!

Bluerose

HSC
Thanks so much
It is good to know that you have had a positive experience at Matrix.

I will have another look at then

:spin:

Xzyle

HSC
Don't go to zhang's unless you want like stacks of paper that have just been staunched from textbooks and really unorganised classes, not sure about Matrix but that was something I considered, I ended up going to Dr Du for physics which is amazing, I've heard ACE is very professional, I didn't go coz it's in Ryde tho so I'd pick between those 3 depending on proximity

ahri

HSC
I would say go for Matrix, even though it's pricier, the resources are honestly amazing. They are very in-depth, cover all the syllabus points well with a good balance of theory and practical questions (and answers).

worldno17

HSC
N/A
The accelerated class at Zhangs has nearly completed the first module of HSC so I'd recommend the other places.

rohankk_

HSC
Matrix physics is great. Try to get either DJ kim or Matthew palmer as your teacher if you decide to go there.

Cherrybomb56

HSC
Sorry for intruding, but what do you guys recommend for chemistry tutoring?

Paaandora

HSC
Don't go to zhang's unless you want like stacks of paper that have just been staunched from textbooks and really unorganised classes, not sure about Matrix but that was something I considered, I ended up going to Dr Du for physics which is amazing, I've heard ACE is very professional, I didn't go coz it's in Ryde tho so I'd pick between those 3 depending on proximity
I don't know about you but zhangshsc provides really good resources. Matrix is a great option but moves through content slower compared to other tutoring centres. Not sure about ace but i heard its pricey and filled with ruse kids.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)