Physics vs Chem (1 Viewer)

toadstooltown

1337 }{4><
HSC
N/A
Chem >> Phys
Since they dumbed down physics starting the new HSC there's been a great shift in the type of student studying it - less mathsy, more wordy. Personally, I didn't like it and dropped it at the end of year 11 (though I came first in it =/) to pick up 4u maths. I really like chem and I do admit that some of it gets boring, but if one extends themselves from the syllabus those 7 mark essays can get reasonably interesting.

I like maths and chem because they are used to model the world (algebgra, chemical equations) and from those models solve issues and manipulate the world to our advantage. For me, phsyics didn't have this clarity and while there was some 'hardcore' physics in year 12, the lack of grounding stages 4 and 5 give in in physics means a lot of boring stuff had to be learnt in year 11, which turned me off it.

Also my teacher annoyed me and the class was all male and borderline retarded =P

joy_sze

HSC
dropped chem in yr 11 coz I thought it was boring... love physics but still think it would be better if it had more calculations than wordy stuff...

Hero Of Time

HSC
N/A
Personally, I believe Physics bears more interesting concepts than Chemistry. Thus, I find Physics better.

milk biskit

HSC
i like them both...but i prefer phys a little better, i just find it a bit more interesting.

Just James

Veteran Member
HSC
I did both and they were my two best subjects. I had good teachers for both subjects and I enjoyed the content, but if I had to choose one over the other, I'd have to say physics. Although let me stress, HSC physics is completely different from university physics. Do not allow yourselves to be held under some illusion that university physics is identical to HSC physics. There is very little theory in uni physics and there is a lot of 3U mathematics involved with it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)