Physics?? (1 Viewer)

jazzaholic

HSC
Hi
I am currently in year 11 and am choosing subjects for next year. This year I have found the physics course extremely boring except for the astronomy stuff we did at the end of it. I want to know how much of the course is motor and generators cause that stuff is the worst. I also need to know whether it is possible to do four unit maths without doing the physics course. People have said that it really helps to do physics and im gonna need all the help i can get.
anyhoo
Jazz

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
I'm not gonna lie to you:
About 80% of the course consists of applying the Right Hand (or left hand) Rule.

The rest is discussing the impact of various things on society, and using a bit of 8th grade level maths.

It's not needed for 4-unit maths, the only overlap is with projectile motion in 3 unit, and it's actually the 3-unit that makes physics easier.

On the other hand, if you're clever enough to do 4-unit maths, physics will probably be easy marks for you. (it's like chemistry with 1/10 of the content to memorise)

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
People in 4U have told me learning about projectiles in physics makes 4U dynamics a lot easier to understand. it's not necessary, but seems to help a lot.

rama_v

HSC
jazzaholic said:
Hi
I am currently in year 11 and am choosing subjects for next year. This year I have found the physics course extremely boring except for the astronomy stuff we did at the end of it. I want to know how much of the course is motor and generators cause that stuff is the worst. I also need to know whether it is possible to do four unit maths without doing the physics course. People have said that it really helps to do physics and im gonna need all the help i can get.
anyhoo
Jazz
I never understood the motors and generators crap until I got to Year 12, so dont worry too much about it in year 11..Just keep trying, and get some other people to explain it to you other than your teacher if possible.

Antwan23q

God
HSC
i found that learning physics has helped understanding in 4 unit mechanics, but that is pretty much projectile (which u do enough in 3 unit) and the rest of motion, with centripital forces and such, its good i u have preliminary physics, so you shouldnt have a problem.

AntiHyper

Revered Member
HSC
Even for me doing 2-unit maths, the stuff learnt from "Space" and earlier encounter with sine waves/graphs helped a lot in the Motion and others.

Raginsheep

HSC
I don't see how 4u dynamics is helped by the physics course. The only relation between dynamics and phyiscis is circular motion of which the physics component can be done by basic speed = distance/time maths.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)