Physio @ Cumberland (1 Viewer)

friction

HSC
You can get let in if you are close to the cut off. My brother got 95.65 and he got into something needing 96.55.

Also i got told that the opputunity of a transfer is impossible. They dont do it for physio but u can do exercise and sport science and then physio post grad (1 extra year all up) which is wat i was thinking of.

nik_noodle

HSC
hayyleyy said:
hey all!
i REALLY want to do physio at sydney uni next year, but my uai was 95.35 and the physio cutoff last yr was 96.25 :S
grrrr im so annoyed!
do you think that the cutoff could go down and i could make it in?

also, if i did exercise and sports science, is it very hard to transfer to physio?? do u know anyone who has done this?
thanks!

That's not such a big difference. It could fall or you could be made an offer anyway. Def leave it as number 1. I tend to believe UAIs will fall quite a bit this year, but you never know with Pt.

Transferring to physio from ESS is VERY hard because so many students are wanting to do the same thing but theres nothing to stop you trying. However if you don't get the transfer would you be content with an ESS degree? That's what you really have to ask yourself because the possibility of getting a transfer is so low.

Best advice to talk through your options is to come to USYD Open Day on the 6th Jan News | The University of Sydney and speaking to someone from the school of physio or from student central. Or alternatively call the faculty of health sciences and talk to someone there. I'm a bit out of touch with it all now and they can definetly guide you through alternate entry pathways.

As for PG Physio. It's expensive and it's only going to get more expensive by the time you graduate. From 2009 the faculty is offering starting students guaranteed places in Physio to anyone who does a BHS with a human movement stream, and to stop every single student wanting to do PG Physio from what I gather they will raise the fees significantly.

catchnkiss.x

HSC
Hey guys,
I received a really good scholarship offer from UWS but there doesn't seem to be any course similar to the bachelor of health science held at Cumberland. I'm interested in getting into physio but due to certain circumstances which took place this year I won't be able to make it straight into the undergraduate physiotherapy course. I obtained a UAI off 88 and with my EAS points that should be brought up to 93 which still won't make the cutoff

I'm not too keen on cumberland. It seems alot like UWS to me and althouh the course sounds great I think there's alot about it that will cause me to lose motivation :S

Does anyone know about the bachelor of Health and Exercise Science held at UNSW. It sounds like a pretty good course?

iceman_leith

Sydney University Rep
I can be found wondering the streets or the alley
HSC
EVERYONE listen up!!!
I'm gonna try and answer all your problems in this one message.
First of all, get the transfer thing out of your head, because in the time you transfer your spending 1 year in the course you started in. Therefore sports science then transfer to physio = 5 yrs at uni....PEOPLE just do Bachelor of Health Science and then your GUARANTEED entry to Masters of Physio and in 5 yrs you have TWO degrees and one of them is a masters of physio and you get paid more!!!
Ok now for the people who keep hearing crap about Cumbo Campus!! Its an awesome campus here are the reasons why!!
1) We still have common lunch on tuesdays and thursdays where the entire campus has lunch at the same time (unheard of in any other institution in Australia!)
2) We have lunchtime sport (Mixed touch and Mixed soccer, with the winner getting $500 and the Cumbo Cup)
3) We had 12 parties at cumbo last year (THATS MORE THAN MAIN CAMPUS!!!)
4) You study with the same group for you entire degree and therefore you make amazing friends because you are with them in every lecture unlike MAIN CAMPUS where you may not see your friends in every class because theres 400 students in each lecture.
5) YOU don't get lost on campus because its smaller
6) We have our own student union called 'Campus Rewards' which gives students free food coupons when they join up, plus they get $100 book voucher to use at the campus bookstore (TRUST me you'll spend that)
7) We're the only faculty at the University of Sydney that has a designated faculty orientation camp for 1st year students. Its basically a 3 day party but don't tell your parents that.
8) We accessible to all people and we have the latest facilities and learning so your having the best possible education from a highly regarded university.

People if you have anymore questions please e-mail directly through the university that way i can help you and you can know someone at Cumbo before you go there!
Leith - START - The University of Sydney

I hope this helps some freshers out there who are unsure of what is going on and what cumbo is like.

Leith

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)