physio uai dropping!! (1 Viewer)

n8r

HSC
i heard that the uai for physio is going to be dropped down from the 95s to 60.8!!!!! due to the skills shortage and economic demand caused by australias ageing population sporting development..

does anybody have any news on this??

"Chubby"

HSC
omg, really??? i wonder if this is in general or only for a specific uni...

damm....why couldn't it drop this yr.....lol

travalina

HSC
ARE YOU SERIOUS!!!! i heard the same from a boy in my PDHPE class hope it works out i put it as first preference

n8r

HSC
yeah i think they are dropping it for the class of 2006 for 2007 enrolments
hopefully they do ...i mean i can understand the ageing population and skills shortages ...so yeah it is logical and it does make sense

rockets

HSC
N/A
Has any heard anything about other health related courses, where the demand for jobs is high??
PS I hope this is all true and physio does go down

stargaze

HSC
source?

Decrease of demand due to ageing population? I think it's quite the opposite. A very, very small percentage of physios end up as sports physios. To my knowledge, the most will work in rehab.

You would think, generally, that an ageing population leads to an increased demand of health professions (in general of course).

Look at the trend for UAI cutoffs for physiotherapy in recent years... I highly doubt much of a change in 07.

phrred

HSC
stargaze said:
source?

Decrease of demand due to ageing population? I think it's quite the opposite. A very, very small percentage of physios end up as sports physios. To my knowledge, the most will work in rehab.

You would think, generally, that an ageing population leads to an increased demand of health professions (in general of course).

Look at the trend for UAI cutoffs for physiotherapy in recent years... I highly doubt much of a change in 07.
agreed, the change if any wont be a high 30+ pt drop

D.

Blurg!
HSC
N/A
rockets said:
Has any heard anything about other health related courses, where the demand for jobs is high??
PS I hope this is all true and physio does go down
In my course (BSc Health & Exercise Science) we've been told lately that the demand for grads (esp. rehab) is very high and getting higher. Given more and more allied health services (psych, Exercise Physiologist) are becoming covered by gov. so as to keep people out of hospital, demand and thus shortages is only going to increase.

Mutationis

Jun Ting Chau
HSC
yes, the demands for grads are getting higher but would they really drop the uai by that much? i'm not saying it's a bad thing (i wanna get in!) but it just doen't sound realistic to me. dropping to 90 or 85 (that's really pushing it) uai sounds more like it.... but who knows?

rockets

HSC
N/A
I don't see how it can drop that much when the uai depends on places available and thus a low intake number means a high uai unless the numbers for 1st year places has gone up dramatically and I havn't heard much about that. Anyone heard about this for physio or any other health related courses???

D.

Blurg!
HSC
N/A
The problem, as always, is student demand far outweighs places. If the federal gov. put more money into it, there'll be more places, the UAI will drop. It's entirely feasible that the UAI could drop to 85, considering that's around the cut-off for a lot of other health courses. Given the gov.'s realisations lately they could increase the CSP's.

D.

Blurg!
HSC
N/A
I like that, 'if I can't be a lawyer I'll be a physio'.
Even if the UAI did drop so dramatically, they still need rehabilitation professionals, so people will still apply and will still get jobs. I've got to admit, I hope there aren't a lot of people simply applying for physio simply 'cause it's got a high UAI cut off.

D.

Blurg!
HSC
N/A
Show some respect for your elders, and perhaps some basic comprehension skills.
I said I hope, not that they did. Obviously your reading skills are on par with your writing skills.

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
umm no. the uais arent even out yet and they have no way to forecast demand. even if the physio uai was dropping, it would only by a few points, not 30-odd. stupid kids should keep their mouths shut.

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
I hope so too :eek:

Otherwise sexytimes are good too. Serious business much?

D.

Blurg!
HSC
N/A
Both blackfriday and bobness, need to actually read what I said.
If the UAI's went down then I believed that they would go down to around 85. In keeping with a lot of other health/rehab courses, as this would seem reasonable. There's that word, reasonable, something someone who responds to a post with, "F*ck off please" obviously doesn't have a great deal of sense about. If my post reaked of tall poppy syndrome then that wasn't my intent. Blackfriday, refer me to the post where I said the UAI would drop by 30-odd and I'll cop the mistake.

Last edited:

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
i geddit i geddit. i read the first post and thought 'wow this kid is a real dumbarse' ie. WONT be getting into physio.

i can refer to others as 'dumb' because i have an excuse to be stupid, while its your incompetence as a human being that causes stupidity :p.

jessamine

HSC
as if the cut off would drop 30 uai points. thats so ridiculous. Does anyone have an article about demands for physios

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)