Physiotherapy (1 Viewer)

Ellzz

HSC
Hey guys, I've just finished my hsc with a UAI of 94.35.
I was really hoping to get into physio, but it has a uai of 96.25 =(
This course doesn't even offer flexible entry grrrrr
Does anyone know y?
Is it possible 4 physio uai to drop by 2 points? ohh please.....

Appreciate the replys =]

glass

HSC
Firstly did u get EAS? If u did then u might still have a chance. I THINK physio doesnt offer flexible entry because theres more ppl that want to do the course than the available places offered, so it doesnt need flexible entry to boost its numbers? And whether the uai will drop by 2 points... i seriously doubt that. I reckon the most it would drop will be by 1 point.

You know if u REALLY want to do physio u could do 1 year of exercise and sport science then try transferring cos most of the subjects u do in ESS are basically the same as the ones u do in physio. That way u can get credit for most of ur subjects if u really do transfer.

Hope this helped!

glass

HSC
Hi rumesh, its likely that the uai for physio will drop by 0.25 but its also equally likely that it will go up. So i guess ur chances of getting offered a place is approx 50:50. It really depends on how many ppl put it down as one of their choices- less ppl --> go down. I think it also depends on how many ppl wanted to do medicine and didnt get in because usually the med rejects pick physio or optometry. Since optom needs umat now, i guess physio would become more popular? But thats just my theory.

Better cross ur fingers!!

reno369

HSC
hey

if you really want to do physio then u cud consider moving to newcastle...the uai limit is 94.15 - although that cud change. (+4 extra points for those 'local
').

otherwise the sports science degree or bachelor of occupational therapy shares like 5/8 subjects so you cud get credits and transfer over like 'glass' said.

good luck

Ellzz

HSC
Thanx 4 the replys guys! =)
I'll definately be keeping my fingers crossed!
Good luck!

fearless86

HSC
yeah, you really never know.

in 2005 it did drop by more than 2 points from the previous year which was weird and surprising.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)