Physiotherapy (1 Viewer)

jellybeanpickle

HSC
Hey im thinking of doing physio next year and i was wondering if anyone would like to share what studying physio is like.

Thanks in advance :D

jozza80

Enthusiasm
HSC
Hey im thinking of doing physio next year and i was wondering if anyone would like to share what studying physio is like.

Thanks in advance :D
I just completed first year physio at Monash.

Best course around I reckon!

1. Heaps of great people - friendly, sporty, smart etc.
2. 50/50 girl/guy ratio
3. Young teaching staff
4. Super hands on - heaps of practical straight away
5. Heaps of material relating to overall health as well as physio specific
6. Use of cadavers in anatomy
7. Full-time = 5 days a week (roughly 9am-4pm)

These are just some basic points.

Overall, it's great to go to uni with 70 friends in the course and learn about amazing things.

Come to Monash!

I hope this helps? Any other q's, just ask!

:)

hello-there

HSC
Dont mean to be a total douche but wheres Monash?
I heard Sydney was the best place for science
ANd OMG the ATAR cut off is unbelievable 98 at UWS wtf :(
-Also what can i do if i dont make it in the physio course
-Do i need to do the STAT and UMAT? and if so, is it wise to do it in case i didnt make it in physio (i.e. do a course requiring the STAT/UMAT and thus transfer into the physio course)
Im practically doing the same subjects as you Jozza except bio (replace with engineering)

N.B ive already read other peoples ideas i just want more alteratives to secure my pathway to becoming a physiotherapist.

Last edited:

SSRabbitohs2009

28:06:42:12
HSC
Option #1- Do the B Health Sciences and maintain a credit point average and then study a Master of Physiotherapy (= 5 years all up)

Option #2- Do B Applied Science (Exercise & Sport Science), get something like a distinction, and then see if you can transfer into Physio. Because EXSS study everything Physio peoples do.

I would suggest doing EXSS because its a course very close to Physio and you don't need to study useless subjects like in Health Sciences. I'm not planning on transfering into Physio, but if I want to, I could do the masters of Physio if I wanted to.

Just a thought.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)