• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Physiotherapy (1 Viewer)

chrissayyy

HSC
N/A
Hey guys, first of all I'd like to start off to say that I'm new to the website so hey haha. Anyways I'm looking to study Bachelor of Health Sciences and Master of Physiotherapy at La Trobe University and was just wondering are my prerequisites subjects I'm studying in year 11 relevant for this?
Mathematics
Chemistry
Biology
SOR 2 (Compulsory)
English Standard
PDHPE

Also I'm thinking of dropping Chemistry because its a ball breaker of a subject, and was also wondering if I need it to scale me up for my ATAR next year. Cheers guys

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
Welcome! I was thinking of doing Chemistry and was in your position a few weeks ago. I stuck with the subject I enjoyed the most. Not too sure if your subjects are prerequisites nor have I heard that University before.

chrissayyy

HSC
N/A
What did you end up doing haha? Because I know somewhere down the track at uni I'll have to do abit of Chemistry and I'm spewin about that.

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
I was going to drop IPT/Software for Chemistry. I decided not to, well fate decided, I couldn't find the teacher that needed to sign the forms. Do you like Chemistry? Have you had a look at the syllabus and past HSC exams?

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Well if you're really set on physio, you should not be too rigid about the uni.

Have a look on the La Trobe website, they would have a pre req list. There also is assumed knowledge (not demanded but highly recommended to have done) and then just suggested subjects. Chem *may* be a pre req, but I'm not sure. But you can always bridge courses and it will only scale your ATAR up if you do good in it.

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
I looked it up for you, it says pre reqs are;
30 study score in ESL or 25 any other english
and at least 25 in two of bio, chem, , maths (any), PE or physics

You'd have to convert it to NSW terms, so ask your careers advisor?

chrissayyy

HSC
N/A
Haha that sucks ! It's alrite but there's too much content to remember and I'm not motivated into learning all that stuff, it doesn't interest me. In saying that Biology is interesting and everything its just that we have a crap teacher and its pretty much teach ourselves or fail.. Like I did in the half yearly just recently -.-

EDIT: Cheers for helping out!

Last edited:

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
I have not so great teachers for all of my subjects, doesn't stop me. I don't care who I have, I will self learn. This term we have had a huge amount of substitutes, while everyone is playing games in class, SpiralFlex is studying. Keep at it. Never let a teacher hinder something that you are interested at.

chrissayyy

HSC
N/A
Thanks for the motivation SpiralFlex haha! Looks like I'm might need to hit the books, considering how bad I did in the half yearlies zzz..

chrissayyy

HSC
N/A
Yehh, haha I read your thread about not having half yearlies.. that sucks ! I learn more the week before the exam then the whole term I've had of the subject

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Spi, your motivation inspires me. I tend to be so tempted to write off subjects sometimes with my class and teacher >.<

Ryan_T90

HSC
Hey guys, first of all I'd like to start off to say that I'm new to the website so hey haha. Anyways I'm looking to study Bachelor of Health Sciences and Master of Physiotherapy at La Trobe University and was just wondering are my prerequisites subjects I'm studying in year 11 relevant for this?
Mathematics
Chemistry
Biology
SOR 2 (Compulsory)
English Standard
PDHPE

Also I'm thinking of dropping Chemistry because its a ball breaker of a subject, and was also wondering if I need it to scale me up for my ATAR next year. Cheers guys
There are usually no prerequisites for entry in Physiotherapy. Though, usually Biology, Physics, Chemistry and/or Maths is desired for most universities. I would imagine PDH would help a tad in terms of Health Science.

It is really up to you as to whether you want to continue with Chemistry or not. If you're not doing well at it and are looking to drop it, then do so. No point having Chemistry as a subject if you're afraid you're going to flunk it. You could be using that time to study for other subjects.

I understand you have your heart set on La Trobe University, but you should also look at others options in terms of universities to avoid disappointment. Don't forget, there are SEVERAL different pathways for entry for Physiotherapy in universities all around the country, whether it is through undergraduate study, or a masters degree.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)