Physisc Assignment - Topic : waves. (1 Viewer)

Intervene

HSC
Hi, this is a year 11 physics assignment, if you could give me a good things to choose, i'd greatly appreciate it. (You'll see what im talking about)

'The World Communicates' Assignment

Length : 4x A4 pages

Topic : identify areas of current research and use the available evidence to discuss some of the underlying physical principles used in one application of physics related to waves, such as:

- Global Positioning System
- CD Technology
- The Internet (digital process)
- DVD Technology

Thanks in advance.

pc_wizz

ρ s y c н o ρ α τ н ™
HSC
i remember when i done this assignment last year at blackwattle bay ... :D ... i got a A+ ...

i chose GPS.

make sure that you label the headings as it is set out in the outline as that can cost you several marks.

for the research component u can submit rough notes, newspaper clippings, website screenshots etc etc ...

also remember to number all diagrams and figures ... and of course the bibliography ...

pcwizz

Intervene

HSC
Thanks a lot for your help, i'll try my best to do everything you said, just wondering. Do you still have your assignment, like on computer?? So i can get some idea of what to do exactly :S Thanks again. Bye.

L

lucky

Intervene said:
Thanks a lot for your help, i'll try my best to do everything you said, just wondering. Do you still have your assignment, like on computer?? So i can get some idea of what to do exactly :S Thanks again. Bye.

do it urself u lazy prick...

just google the bloody thing !

747captain

HSC
N/A
I have basically the same assignment, and I can find heaps of info for how GPS works, what it consists of, etc, but nothing on how it has developed with the advancement of technology, how it uses properties such as reflection, refraction, etc.

Where can I get some info for
principles of reflection and refraction and how they work in a GPS system? Believe me, I've tried about 15-20 websites, a few books, etc, without any luck so far.

Mat_Aussie

HSC
if the assignment is about waves.

i'd be doing "the internet"

u can talk about so much stuff.

fibre optic is great one for the waves, total internal reflection..

you can go on about wireless, different types of waves and how diff frequencies effect the quality and strength of the signal.

but thats jst me :)

747captain

HSC
N/A
sounds great matt_Aussie, but the internet and fibre optics is not an option available to choose for this assignment.

BlazorRade

HSC
N/A
I have the same assignment...

Have to research all of the topics and prepare notes then they're gonna ask us questions that we have no clue about. I'm thinking wiki and howstuffworks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)