Piano Ameb (1 Viewer)

HSC
Just wanna ask any of you who play the piano...what is the difference between the normal piano sylabus and the 'piano for leisure' syllabus...i mean they both have exams but are the qualifications different??

Riewe

HSC
I just did the AMEB normal exams, but did know people who did the piano for leisure. The two main differences are the range of music you can play. Music for leisure has much, much more selections, thus you can find easy pieces if you want, rather than the rigours selection criteria for normal. And also, the technical part is easier in leisure, as there is not near the amount of scales and such there, and in high grade leisure, the keys for this technical work are equivalent to those of lower level normal.

So the titles pretty tell you the difference, the normal one is more technical and difficult, thus if you like challenges then this is godd, whereas leisure, is just that, but of course with a bit of difficulty, but not as much as the other one.

Amryllis

HSC
I bought the 8th Grade Piano for Leisure book and my eyes just popped out coz most of the songs look insanely long and hard. I actually did normal 8th grade a few years ago but I didn't pass it because the exam was 2 weeks after my last HSC exam... I didn't have enough time to practise.

So I thought I'd give Piano for Leisure a go after all this time. But I kinda lost the motivation coz I don't really like any of the songs in the book that much. And my teacher was like it's easier than normal 8th grade and has nicer songs... Obviously we have very different tastes. Not that I liked my normal 8th grade pieces that much.

But there are a lot less scales you need to play with Leisure, and they're different ones to the normal 8th grade.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)