piano music (1 Viewer)

furryfish

1337 h4x0r
HSC
hmm i need to learn some more piano pieces.. stopped doing grade a while back but sorta wanna play at home, so i dont forget how to play ;)

ive been playing a bit of modern music of recent, bin neglecting the classical of recent :p u guys got ne suggestions to wat i should learn? round 7th or 8th grade stuff, not too complex and into the technique, but more for the sound of the piece itself u know? was thinking a bit of mozart or sumthin..

Ken Avalon

HSC
Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness by Smashing Pumpkins. It's not that hard, really. Google the sheet music.

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
You should do the Elena Kats-Chernin "Russian Rag". Or work on your Debussy, most of that stuff is excellent for developing expression at 7th/8th grade level.

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
Mozart is good because his music is so defined - you never get crazy random pauses in Mozart :p and it helps you with your maths (no, really)

If you feel like playing something for the fun of it which also improves your aural / sightreading ability, I recommend jazz..

At home I play a lot of musical music too (you know, Gilbert & Sullivan etc) because it's not too hard to pick up the tunes, you can play for yourself or you can play for someone to sing. There's a lot of variety in musicals too!

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
Schubert. You can't beat a 5ft tall immensely fat guy who died of venereal disease.

furryfish

1337 h4x0r
HSC
haha 3rd movement moonlight sonata... just listening to it is impossible! schubert is alright isnt he? moment musicales? and wat r some good debussy pieces?

hello99999

HSC
basically anything by chopin sounds really really nice and helps devolop your technique as well :)

alien

HSC
Crikket said:
moonlight sonata 3rd movement
yeah that's hard.
go heller studies. they are hard and build up your technique. and chopin and mozart. look at the classics, they usually have stuff for a variety of grades

MedNez

:o>---<
HSC
N/A
Ooh, Moonlight Sonata is great. I tried playing it once, not easy! I'd like to start up piano again (stopped playing a few years back), but don't really have the time.

You could always try Fur Elise by Beethoven, or Mozart's Turkish March =P

furryfish

1337 h4x0r
HSC
MedNez said:
Ooh, Moonlight Sonata is great. I tried playing it once, not easy! I'd like to start up piano again (stopped playing a few years back), but don't really have the time.

You could always try Fur Elise by Beethoven, or Mozart's Turkish March =P
hehe been tehre done that.. theyre a bit boring and annoying though..

Jase

HSC
Chopin - fantasie impromptu

Beethoven - the tempest 2nd movement

pretty challenging .. but not impossible.

Skeeta

HSC
im wondering where to get sheet music of the net.. i realise its really hard to get more modern stuff

(im looking for Matchbox 20 3am piano version)
I found one but its missing a page *cries*

does anyone have good sites or can send it to me?

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
Jase said:
Chopin - fantasie impromptu

Beethoven - the tempest 2nd movement

pretty challenging .. but not impossible.
The Fantasie-Impromptu is my current project.

veanz

hath no fury
HSC
N/A
Phanatical said:
You should do the Elena Kats-Chernin "Russian Rag". Or work on your Debussy, most of that stuff is excellent for developing expression at 7th/8th grade level.
Debussy, Claire de Lune - is UNDENIABLY beautiful. i cried when i first heard it. When first playing it, its voice was so overwhelmingly moving i got the shivers. It's wonderfully blissful.

Keep your ear out for it in that Chanel No.5 add with Nicole Kidman :)

Debussy rocks my socks :uhhuh:

Bob.J

ZoOm
HSC
paganinio said:
I just tried to play some Sonatas by Beethoven, the beginning of moonlight seems the easiest, and others are really difficult
yeh they're alright to get into. the 2nd movement for moonlight is a bit annoying at first but it's alright once u get used to it.
Try some of chopin's nocturnes, they sound good and give your fingers a good stretch (well sort of)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)