• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

piano teaching (1 Viewer)

craziigal

HSC
interested in learning the piano? need extra help?
i'm currently doing my Amus and have completed my Cmus exam with honours.
Looking for a part-time/casual job as being a piano tutor...or teacher...either one..
if interested pm me

Last edited:

stainmepink

HSC
im current doing my amus, and i need a piano teacher. my current one has deserted me because shes just too fucken busy and has left me in the middle of a music 2 hsc assessment. can anyone recommend me to anyone? i live in hurstville.

L

LaraB

guys - contact the MTA - they have a teacher's listing

they can give you a list of people in your area:)

craziigal

HSC
oo..

really...wheres the MTA ?and wat website??
hurstville...thats pretty far...cos theres a good teacher at carlingford area...

L

LaraB

craziigal said:
really...wheres the MTA ?and wat website??
hurstville...thats pretty far...cos theres a good teacher at carlingford area...
MTA meaning Music Teacher's Association..

not sure off hand what their website it but you can just search it

i think from memory, the AMEB and Trinity sites have links to all that kinda thing. asll else fails, search in Sensis.com. lol

craziigal

HSC
@_@

that website doesn't let u post ur details up into teaching though..

L

LaraB

craziigal said:
that website doesn't let u post ur details up into teaching though..
sorry was more directed to the other poster who was looking for a teacher

shoulda clarified - sorry.

yeah you gotta be a qualified teacher to post coz you have to be a member and thus - accredited.

huh~~

HSC
N/A
gobaby said:
im current doing my amus, and i need a piano teacher. my current one has deserted me because shes just too fucken busy and has left me in the middle of a music 2 hsc assessment. can anyone recommend me to anyone? i live in hurstville.
I've heard of one piano teacher at Hurstville but forgot the full name. Think it was something like Katherine Phillips. She's an AMEB examiner so a pretty good teacher for amus and HSC Music 2. Try looking for her in the MTA site like LaraB suggested: http://www.musicnsw.com.au/

Generally speaking, piano teachers at diploma level are very busy. You don't get regular lessons that often.

L

LaraB

huh~~ said:
I've heard of one piano teacher at Hurstville but forgot the full name. Think it was something like Katherine Phillips. She's an AMEB examiner so a pretty good teacher for amus and HSC Music 2. Try looking for her in the MTA site like LaraB suggested: http://www.musicnsw.com.au/

Generally speaking, piano teachers at diploma level are very busy. You don't get regular lessons that often.
lol well my mum's a teacher and her and every other teacher i know does weekly lessons for all their students.. or fortnightly at the least....

stainmepink

HSC
huh~~ said:

OMG her!!! i got taught by her in yr 2 and she gave me a good mark for my 7th grade ameb. i don't think she remembers me, but wow thanks for the suggestion!

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
CMusA was the highest level in the Piano for Leisure course. It's a recreational qualification that recognises that a pianist can play beyond 8th grade level, without the broader academic study required of a professional level pianist, and is no longer offered by the AMEB.

The AMusA is the first of the four Diploma-level qualifications awarded by the AMEB, and requires candidates to meet not just a technical standard, but also a general understanding of academic practice, repertoire and historical background in relation to the instrument. Placed in context, a student must perform at AMusA level for entrance into the BMus (Perf.).

Last edited:

nit

HSC
Yes I thoroughly recommend Katherine Phillips. I learnt the violin from her for 10 years and she's dedicated to the music. She's located at Bexley which isn't far from Hurstville.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)