• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

pick up line (1 Viewer)

wolf7

HSC
hey, just say that you were going to ask ur gf/bf but u dont know how to ask? what type of pickline would you use or to ask them to go on a date if your nervous. How would you ask them if you really like them but i dont know how to ask? would it be wise to ask tehm on the last day so if you get rejected, so you dont have to worry?

Bradna

Mint..
HSC
Are you talking about taking out your gf/bf on a date whilst your going out? Or you want to take out a girl/boy and dont know how to ask?
If its the latter you dont have to make a big deal about it, just ask them if they'd like to goto the movies (or whatever) with you sometime...

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
You know what? Whatever you plan to say now, you'll screw it up when you're standing in front of her. :p

Just say something casual, like "want to come out with me in the holidays?" or "come watch a movie with me?". If she's one of those people that don't realise you're asking her out, then say "I really like you, would you go out with me?". It's not the best line, but it's honest and to-the-point.

santaslayer

HSC
Dreamerish*~ said:
You know what? Whatever you plan to say now, you'll screw it up when you're standing in front of her. :p

Just say something casual, like "want to come out with me in the holidays?" or "come watch a movie with me?". If she's one of those people that don't realise you're asking her out, then say "I really like you, would you go out with me?". It's not the best line, but it's honest and to-the-point.
I always thought that line would shock the crap out of any girl. Guess it depends though.

Many people choose the last day to ask, but a friend asked a month before he finished yr 12 and it worked. It was really good because they got to share the last month of yr 12 (which is very special already) together and with their friends. It's important to be a part of certain things which your girl or guy holds highly. Then you can go to the formal together or something...

pmr_123

HSC
it doesn't matter how you ask her, as long as you make your intentions clear without being sleezy.
just be honest with her and calmly ask her out, and don't wait til the last day to do it, otherwise you'll just be thinking about it too much, adn then think too much into it.
goodluck

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
wolf7 said:
hey, just say that you were going to ask ur gf/bf but u dont know how to ask? what type of pickline would you use or to ask them to go on a date if your nervous. How would you ask them if you really like them but i dont know how to ask? would it be wise to ask tehm on the last day so if you get rejected, so you dont have to worry?
Don't use any sleazy pickup lines. Just be yourself. Ask casually but at the same time be serious. Perhaps say something like" Would you like to do go out oneday" if she says "yes" then ask her when she is free and organise something from there.

Don't worry if your nervous, most people get nervous when its comes to asking someone out that they like.

Don't ask her out on the last day because you probably won't end up asking her out at all.

Don't worry if you get rejected,theres plenty of fish in the sea. If you get rejected at least you will know that you tried, otherwise if you don't ask you will never know what she could have said.

KeypadSDM

B4nn3d
HSC
Do you want an Australian kiss?

-What's that?-

It's like a French kiss, but down under.

If that doesn't work, there's no point. (And this really only applies to guys picking up girls)

Lennie

Yeah asking on the last day may make you feel a bit safer, but what happens if you plan to ask at the last minute and then chicken out?

Be spontaneous. If another opportunity presents itself, take it. You should KNOW when it is the right time to make a move. When you plan it, it often comes out wrong.

As for what to say, it totally depends on the person. Although many look down upon sleazy pick-up lines, I think they are awesome ice-breakers providing the guy is obviously making fun of himself. It differs from person to person.

The "I really like you approach" certainly doesn't work for everyone. Yes, it may freak them out, and not only that, but whenever someone says something to that effect, silence and awkwardness are guaranteed... Even if she feels the same way.

You aren't specific about your status with this person so the next part is assuming that you aren't in a relationship with them... Another approach is to ditch all planning.
Just try and become closer friends with this person. Push the thoughts of a relationship out of your mind and concentrate on getting to know them and building a solid foundation... Something may develop from there. I think this one seems like the best idea because you don't appear to be that confident around them at this stage.

It's always best to make sure that there is 'something there' before you ask someone out.

Best of luck.

positive

HSC
lol I hit on the girl I liked, on our last school social. We are mates so we were dancing in a group of friends together, so I just positioned myself so I would end up dancing next to her. Then I just started talking to her.. then when the song changed so it was a bit quiet. I said "hey im thirsty, im gonna get a drink of water from the canteen" She says "okay have fun" with a giggle. Then I say "So are you gonna dance with me later or what lol?" She laughs and replies "maybe."

I done it this way so it wouldnt make it arkward for her. Like saying "Wanna dance with me"
Then she goes "no" and we just stand there lol.

So anyway I walk away saying "Ha I'll take that as a "yes" then" while thinking to myself.. "What the heck does "maybe" mean!?!"

.... so you are probably wondering how I went...

Answer was "no" :(

How do I know? I could have sworn she avoided me the rest of the night! lol
But hey, before this I was thinking about her a lot, it's just good to get it out of your system and to know you tried. No regrets and no "what ifs?"

Good luck mate!

Baiku

Coolest Member
HSC
That sounds positive, positive...

I'd suggest that you just ask her if she wants to do something after exams are over, or whatever the situation may be. She'll either be positive about catching up or she'll seem unsure.

Reactions are pretty important, you might care to take the time to consider how she reacts to just seeing you casually before you try to 'ask her out'.

If you get her number then, call her and organise a date. If you feel you don't have the courage to talk to her face about how you feel, you could perhaps express yourself over the phone. Otherwise, go and meet up with her, and flirt with her, and if you two connect on that occasion, then it's a perfect time to say. "I really enjoyed today, I think we should catch up more...want to have my babies*"

*Don't say anything about the babies

I think the key to it is that when you start to interact with somebody of the opposite sex, you develop a relationship of some sort. Girls tend to think of guys as friends OR possibilities, and rarely both. You would prefer to be seen as a possibility given your attraction. It's important that you DON'T spend heaps of time getting to know each other as friends before you're 'ready to take it to the next level'. Rather, you'd be better off trying to make a quick transition from acquaintances to "going out" over a couple of interactions, so that she gets the message clearly that you're interested in her, rather than perhaps her friendship, which you may or may not also be interested in.

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
Do you want to go out? :)

if your having trouble saying it...get some liquid courage into u....

niteshade1312

HSC
its so much better when a guy is frank and just asks, rather than being indecisive.. i like honesty and really quickly, especially if i like them back!

switchblade87

HSC
KeypadSDM said:
Do you want an Australian kiss?

-What's that?-

It's like a French kiss, but down under.
You sir, are genius. If that doesn't make a woman putty in your hands, shes frigid!

HSC
Baiku said:
Girls tend to think of guys as friends OR possibilities, and rarely both. You would prefer to be seen as a possibility given your attraction. It's important that you DON'T spend heaps of time getting to know each other as friends before you're 'ready to take it to the next level'. .
I don't know about that... friends can be possibilities, possibilities can be friends.. or they can be both. To me, at least. Depends on the situation, person, etc

Enoch

ur a closet enoch-sexual!
HSC
positive said:
lol I hit on the girl I liked, on our last school social. We are mates so we were dancing in a group of friends together, so I just positioned myself so I would end up dancing next to her. Then I just started talking to her.. then when the song changed so it was a bit quiet. I said "hey im thirsty, im gonna get a drink of water from the canteen" She says "okay have fun" with a giggle. Then I say "So are you gonna dance with me later or what lol?" She laughs and replies "maybe."

I done it this way so it wouldnt make it arkward for her. Like saying "Wanna dance with me"
Then she goes "no" and we just stand there lol.

So anyway I walk away saying "Ha I'll take that as a "yes" then" while thinking to myself.. "What the heck does "maybe" mean!?!"

.... so you are probably wondering how I went...

Answer was "no" :(

How do I know? I could have sworn she avoided me the rest of the night! lol
But hey, before this I was thinking about her a lot, it's just good to get it out of your system and to know you tried. No regrets and no "what ifs?"

Good luck mate!
lmao pwned...but yeah ur definately rite bout getting it outta ur system

and wth canteen??err...how old r u mate...

Dreamerish*~ said:
werd...its subtle yet comfortable....but ur last last advice bout "I really like you, would you go out with me?"...thats just a bit confronting and blunt...dun think itll work

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)