Picking a medium/topic (1 Viewer)

HSC
I'm one of those yr 11s who want's to do EEX2 in year 12. I know we can't actually have classes or get advised by teachers yet, but the consensus is that you should get a head start and at least think about what to do.

What are the current year 12's advice on picking a medium or topic?

Do you go with what you're good at?
Or do you select something that will challenge you?

Should you be 'unique', left field'?
Or do select something you're passionate about but is popular to do?

Do you just pick a text/area you did in Advanced/ Extension in yr 11?
Or do you use the info you gained and the type of things you did to guide you?

And can you select an author whose work happens to be on the HSC syllabus, though not necessarily doing that particular text?

Any feedback would be appreciated

:)

devinevitriol

HSC
Do you go with what you're good at?
Or do you select something that will challenge you?

Should you be 'unique', left field'?
Or do select something you're passionate about but is popular to do?
Your Ext 2 major work is your baby.
You had better be passionate about the topic whether it is popular or not otherwise you can expect progress to go downhill fast.
I'd go with what you are good at, unless (because you've got a bit of time before you start) you want to try something new and challenging.
But I would use the time you have now to research whatever this new and challenging thing is because you need to have a good grasp on it.
Originality is a key point I think.
If you take something popular you have plenty of opportunity to twist it to make it your own.

It's very fun twisting. Very, very, very fun. (In my opinion)

Hope I helped ^-^

Teclis

The White Tower of Hoeth, Saphery, Ulthuan
HSC
http://community.boredofstudies.org.../209603/start-major-work-yr-11-good-idea.html

Read this thread on starting it in year 11... and I thoroughly recommend NOT doing so, but on being well read...

With medium or topic, choose one that you are going to enjoy doing, but also know you can do well. If you can write BRILLIANT essays, but hate doing it... you probably won't enjoy it or do any work on it (which is actually a bigger obstacle than anything for EE2.)

Do NOT do something that is popular, because that won't make your work stand out. Do something of your own design, and do it in YOUR way, with YOUR writing style.

The course has nothing to do with Year 11. What it does have a lot to do with is what your learnt in advanced and Ext 1 in year 12. You have to tie it in in your reflection statement, this is why I advise against starting before Year 12 has even started.

As long as your disciplined and don't try and take on too big a project... if you have the proposal done by the time it's due, If you have the completed concept, some writing done... maybe a full draft by Viva Voce you're well on track. Just put aside some time each few days (I did 3 free periods a week on it... but my concept was HUGE!!! (I wrote more than 20,000 words and did a multimedia project)

I dunno what your last question is asking.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)