Picking a VET course in school for the fun of it? (1 Viewer)

greendaylover23

HSC
I think I want to be a nurse/midwife in the future or at least straying towards that side. The subjects I'd be picking would be

English Adv (or Standard, depends on if I find the advanced content too hard)
General Maths 2
Biology
Chemistry
SOR II (Catholic school)

For my last option is it bad if I want to pick a VET course like construction even though I don't want to do anything in construction? I feel like I'd enjoy it however I don't know if it's a bad option to pick because VET courses have 75 hours (3 weeks spread through years 11 and 12) of work placement. I'd be doing construction for the fun of it.

The ATAR I want/need is 79/85

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Do Advanced English the aligning is much better and is a similar difficulty to Standard English.

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
I am supportive of the idea that a student should take subjects that they feel they would enjoy. If you feel VET Construction is a course you would enjoy, then you should probably add it to your subject selection, which will result in 12 units for you going into year 11. You can then spend your time in year 11 sorting out your preferences, allowing you to determine your most and least favourite subjects, and subsequently determine the best combination of subjects to have as you commence year 12. This could involve not dropping any units at all (particularly if you end up enjoying all your subjects) or dropping one subject that you find you don't enjoy. Making an informed decision at this stage would be very important, and I believe your experience in each subject throughout year 11 will help in that regard.

I hope this helps! 😄

Directrix

Forklift Certified
HSC
Do Construction, you can get a white card

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)