• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Picking units for humanities program please help! (1 Viewer)

dinkibass

HSC
Hiya
i will be commencing my studies doin a bachelor of arts at bankstown campus in the spring semester.
My goal for this is to eventually major in english then do a dip ed at the end,

i am currently selecting my units, in my enrolment i chose to do a humanities program ( i am assuming this was the right thing to do)
now comes time to choose my actualy units. is there anyone tryin to achieve a similar goals who can give some guidance as to what units to select?

email me at
hyphenhype@hotmail.com if you think you can help
PS
My SR s really unreliable and crap

colonial1770

HSC
hey I'm in second yr b.arts at bankstown. what do you need help with?

This will be a bit long winded.

What I can tell you is that MySR is crap because it is still undergoing testing...last time I heard... obviously your one of the people doing the testing! Not that you probably had a choice in the matter. If it just too unreliable you will have to go to the Student Centre - go in the front doors of building 1 and its on the right - and fill out a PROGRAM VARIATION form and get the ladies in the office to help you. They have always been helpful for me.

As for choosing units....your doing a major in English, Text and Writing eh? Not doing that myself but quite a few friends of mine are.

You will probably have to do two core units that everyone in the B.A. does..I'm guessing they are 'Texts and Traditions' 'Contemporary society'....

As for two more units according to my info you should be enrolled in:
100846 Analytical Reading and Writing AND
100641 Approaches to Text

If you want to choose an elective or a unit from one of the other majors check out what their running by going to the uws website and log into 'E-Learning' aka WebCT.

Once you login you will see a list of units, not all of them necessarily, but one is called 'Bachelor of Arts Information for Students' click on that and that will open a site and look at 'Unit Offering 2006' then look at 'Bankstown'. That will give you a PDF list of what units are running for what major.

WebCt should also give you more info on who to contact..I'm not sure who your Course Advisor is this year but i've always found mine helpful.

colonial1770

HSC
There arn't any core units second year, your supposed to do those units for your major or submajor. What major abd submajor are you doing ?

colonial1770

HSC
no probs...when choosin' which units to do try to do as many for your major as you can in 2nd year... i was told to focus on completing my major second year and then do the submajor units and electives third yr.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)