Picking up Engineering studies in year 12 (1 Viewer)

karnoganguli

HSC
Is it possible? My objective is to do engineering in uni. I'm doing physics already but i thought also doing engineering might help (not so much getting into a course but having an idea of what i might be doing after school).

At the moment i'm doing:
English ext. (dropping it and continueing advanced)
Maths extension
Physics
Chemistry
economics
Ancient History (considering to drop, i'm doing ok but i'm not enjoying it).

I've considered picking up bio as well. I know Engineering doesn't scale as well but i feel i'll work more towards it then bio.

Legham

HSC
I don't recommend it! Engineering is the most painful subject i have.. It's so boring that i just can't pay attention.. Also, im not sure if its just my teacher or not, but in every topic we've done so far he goes back to all the crap we did right at the start of the year.. so, if you've missed the first year, you'll probably have a hard time with a lot of the course.. I've been planning on dropping engineering as soon as i get to year 12 since my second lesson :p

petzl

HSC
If it isn’t possible to pick up engineering I would highly recommend doing some work experience for a week or so in the holidays. I did some recently and found it helpful in getting an idea of what engineering in the 'real world' is like.

I understand that engineering doesn't scale well but i enjoy it anyway. Remember don’t pick subjects on how well they scale, pick subjects on what you are good at and if you enjoy them.

boss302

HSC
the stuff you learn in engineering is pritty cool and very practicle for engineering. and it is only usually boring if your not smart enough or dont try to understand it

ashraf91

HSC
look bro i do engineering and i tell u its d shitest subject evey, im dropin it in yr 12, abd itz not to say i dont understand it or my smartness, im scoring top marks but i h8 it, btw im doin accelerated 3 unit maths so dont think itz about hardness, itz just plain boring, soon 4 unit will join ma collection in maths and engineering will be gone

2syllables

Dango Daikazoku
HSC
Musk said:
you cannot pick up subjects if you havnt done prelium sadly however you can do engineering at uni

students who dont like engineering studies pretty much will fail at uni if they wanna take up engineering as a career
true if dont like field and u choose in uni u will dread it!!!

2syllables

Dango Daikazoku
HSC
karnoganguli said:
. I know Engineering doesn't scale as well but i feel i'll work more towards it then bio.
It doesn't really matter about scaling just do well in your subject and u will get a a good align mark

thehootman

HSC
ashraf91 said:
look bro i do engineering and i tell u its d shitest subject evey, im dropin it in yr 12, abd itz not to say i dont understand it or my smartness, im scoring top marks but i h8 it, btw im doin accelerated 3 unit maths so dont think itz about hardness, itz just plain boring, soon 4 unit will join ma collection in maths and engineering will be gone
"Smartness", "hardness". Lucky you didnt do 3 unit accelerated english.
BTW i did accerated maths too, so dont fling that one back at me (and I received a mark of 91 in it).
Its a dead easy subject, I agree. But I find it interesting, and I am looking at engineering at uni.

I wouldnt think that you need it for uni, what you have in your current subjects should be alright.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)