Piercings and Tattoos (2 Viewers)

Piercings and Tats

• I have piercings (state how many/where)

Votes: 515 54.1%
  • I have tattoos (what/where)

Votes: 32 3.4%
  • I have piercings and tattoos

Votes: 69 7.2%
  • I have neither.

Votes: 336 35.3%

• Total voters

adsta

HSC
james_chappo said:
Are the risks associated with eyebrow piercings true? - such as pinched nerves that cause your eyebrow to droop permanently
Yeah, the risk are very true. But if you get it done by a good piercer you'll be fine. The nerve is located more towards the inner part of your eyebrow (towards your nose), and for it to hit, the piercer would have to go pretty deep (i.e. they are a crap piercer and don't know what they are doing).

LoUiE SmOoiE

valentines day sux
HSC
hehhehe i remember writing in this forum like a year ago saying that i onli had my nose pierced and my ears twice....

but now as a final update...ive got a tattoo on my tail bone, my tongue pierced, my ears pierced twice, my nose pierced, and my inner ear....soon to be another tattoo..and another ear piercing somewere on my ear...;)

mmm_sofay

time to pretend
HSC
ive been into shops and seen guys with piercings. and some of them have piercings and tattoos.

Agnes2810

sUp ?
HSC
james_chappo said:
Are the risks associated with eyebrow piercings true? - such as pinched nerves that cause your eyebrow to droop permanently
maybe half true, that happened to an old mateof mine, he jst went to the doctor and he stitched it up and he got it done again, and all is sweet. so its not permanent

EDIT: got his eyebrow pierced again i mean :rolleyes:

Last edited:

PaleReflection

i can teach you
HSC
james_chappo said:
No. While, as adsta said, if the needle goes deep enough there are risks, no piercer who knows his/her shit is going to do that. As long as you go to a studio that is sterile and has an autoclave, chances are it's a good place.

RISKS URBAN LEGENDS

We've all heard that an eyebrow piercing can paralyze us, that we can bleed to death or get a brain infection from a tongue piercing, or that we can destroy our liver if we pierce our belly button wrong.

These tend to be either entirely false, or true in the same way that it's true that "if you get a paper cut, you could get a fatal infection"... Which is true of course, but it's unrealistic, unlikely, and misleading. The fact is that there's no risk associated with body piercing that even comes close to the chance of you being killed in a car crash on the way to getting your piercing.
http://encyc.bmezine.com/?Urban_Legend

mmm_sofay

time to pretend
HSC
adsta said:
The fact is this sort of discrimination still exist, and if it prevents me from getting this one year experience that I am so desperately after, then I would be an idiot not to take them out.
I never took them out at kmart, I just put up with the occasional lecture from my manager. But I'm pretty sure if I had of turned up to the interview with them in, he wouldn't have hired me because he was very old fashioned. He wouldn't say the reason for not hiring me was my piercings, he would probably make up some lame excuse.
People are definately adapting to the fact that lots of guys have their ear's pierced, but there are still a select few who think it's too "girly" to wear earrings.
It's just like some schools don't allow piercings (most the time girls can wear a pair of earrings, but thats it).

The bottom line is, it's just a few piercings and I can (and will) get them done again. I just want to give myself the best possible chance of getting a job in an industry that is hard to enter at the moment.
ah, i understand
it kinda sucks, discrimination against piercings and tattoos.

Newie_kitty

HSC
I have a tat on my hip bone that my girlfriend and i got together. it's of a red heart with tribal stuff going through it.

The pain is like a knife cutting you for the first 5 - 10 mins then a mild period pain after that.

Go for it!!!

please note that it hurts more on the bone or in sensitive areas such as under the arms and hmmmm... i think you can guess the rest.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)