Piercings and Tattoos (1 Viewer)

Piercings and Tats

• I have piercings (state how many/where)

Votes: 515 54.1%
  • I have tattoos (what/where)

Votes: 32 3.4%
  • I have piercings and tattoos

Votes: 69 7.2%
  • I have neither.

Votes: 336 35.3%

• Total voters

Nashie

Ace up my sleeve
HSC
Very seriously considering getting "carpe diem" being pulled apart by barbed wire on my soulder, busy time though, move to syd in a week! Where is a good place with a cool tattoo artist who will be able to do this sort of thing?

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
with a piercing you can pretty much go in the ocean straight away. its good for it it heals it, its probably why my lip never got infected or gross

with ink you arnt supposed to go into the water for 2 weeks. i kinda ignored that though haha

Adrian.

HSC
vulgarfraction said:
Is the salt water solution meant to sting? I thought the whole point was that it isn't isotonic, but it doesn't sting for me.

And can someone please tell me how long it takes for stuff to heal/when I can go swimming, I wasn't fully listening to the piercer cos I was too busy freaking out and staring at him. :eek:
Cartilage piercings can be an absolute bitch to heal man. I've got two in a similar spot to you and they are nearly there but I still can't sleep on that side (I've had them about 5 months). I originally went to a shitty piercer though and he put a ring in that was too small and causing irritation, yours looks like a good size though. The usual time frame is about 3 - 6 months for it to fully heal.

As Tom said you can swim in the ocean straight away but I'd avoid public pools and the like. If you do swim in a pool/lake/puddle make sure you do a sea salt soak as soon as possible.

vulgarfraction said:
Man I regret not getting two (one just below the ring) now.
A bit like this?

HSC
N/A
Haha I don't swim in puddles- do you?

Yeah I wanted two about there but with rings. I like how those look. Maybe I'll go on my 18th just to get the free things- I can see what people mean by piercings being addictive. It's bad I suppose- you keep wanting to poke more holes in yourself.

I haven't slept on my right side yet for three nights (though I found a way to rest my head on my arm so my ear's not anything) and I already can't sleep. =(

Atticus- What's the pro tat stuff? I'm probably too lazy to get it when salt works fine.

mmm_sofay

time to pretend
HSC
when i move to sydney, im getting new piercings.
one surface piercing and a new lip piercing

and i intend on getting my birds re-inked, and two new tattoos for my 21st.
which is in 50days.

then im getting my foot done next time im up in byron.
which will hopefully be in a few months.

alby

cool duckie
HSC
random info about those 'bubble' things some people get near belly piercings:
i talked to a pharmacist when i was up the coast on holidays, and she said that every time your piercing gets bumped it rips a bit, and that gets infected. she gave me 2 little anti-bacterial squirty things to flush the piercing and some adhesive gause squares - flush it approx. once every 12 hrs and keep it covered all the time, change bandages after cleaning and after showering
that was the 27th or 28th, i think i've cleaned it once with salt water since then and it's pretty much healed...should probably clean it again soon

waterbottle

your buttcheeks is warm
HSC
from a few pages back, polymorph is one of the best piercing places in sydney. i have several friends who swear by it, and i got both my nape and my nipple piercings there. such nice people and always willing to help.

also they tell you not to swim in pools or sydney beaches for 6-8 weeks.

HSC
I've got my bottom lip done on the right side, im getting the other side done... so snake bites!

i also have my penis pierced too. can i post a pic of where [its not of mine but like from google]?

oh well... its not a real one an how.

i have a bar through mine though, the rings look horrible.

kthxbambi

HSC
i have 2 piercings (one ear stretched 6mm and a nose piercing)
and 2 tattoo's, but i've been tattoo'd three times.
<3 body mod

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
I had to take out my belly button ring today :( It got a really bad infection and I had to get it drained and take a course of antibiotics, and I have had it for a whole year nearly. It never really 100% came good, and I had to go back to the piecer and change the bar to a shorter one cos the first one got too long, then I got allergic and they changed it to a different material. Then I went surfing in a newcastle beach and it must have been dirty cos by the next day I had a bad infection. The piercer said cos I had it so long the hole might not close up for ages so after the infection goes away I might be able to put the jewellery back in if I want

zoeanne

HSC
5 piercings.
two in each ear and one up to top...
getting a tat for my 18th wow only like 40 days left... mm just gotta make sure i know where and what i wont for sure.. YAY :p

Indie-DiscoZ

HSC
i have a snake bite, and the right side of my top lip pierced. thinking of getting that bit between my eyes done, and a bull ring. and the best thing for cleaning infected belly buttons is the refresher towel thingys from KFC cause they are all anti-bacterial. when you start to stretch your ears for stretchers, does it hurt?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)