Pimples Help (1 Viewer)

dora_18

HSC
Oh yeah of course, i like totaly agree

let ditches develop in your face, that develop more pimples on top of it that scab over and hurt like a mother fucker when you open you jaw to do anything...develop infections ....and just about completely throw your social life out the freaking window ????

i dont think so!!!

the drug roaccutane/oratane is awesome, monitor your progress with your docotor and you'll be fine. As soon as biological compromise occurs they wont leave you on it, eg- if your blood tests show that you liver isnt coping they'll decrease the dosage or stop it.Its not like they'll tell you to keep taking it, no point in having a pretty face when you'll need a liver transplant.

There is a sign on my uni bathroom door " Some people study for 12 years to help fix your face" ...followed by another sign that has a metallic mirror set in place " If all you can see is severe acne see a dermatologist"

Its true!

tlodg

HSC
N/A
dora_18 said:

let ditches develop in your face, that develop more pimples on top of it that scab over and hurt like a mother fucker when you open you jaw to do anything...develop infections ....and just about completely throw your social life out the freaking window ????

i dont think so!!!

the drug roaccutane/oratane is awesome, monitor your progress with your docotor and you'll be fine. As soon as biological compromise occurs they wont leave you on it, eg- if your blood tests show that you liver isnt coping they'll decrease the dosage or stop it.Its not like they'll tell you to keep taking it, no point in having a pretty face when you'll need a liver transplant.

There is a sign on my uni bathroom door " Some people study for 12 years to help fix your face" ...followed by another sign that has a metallic mirror set in place " If all you can see is severe acne see a dermatologist"

Its true!
maybe that's cuz it worked on u.....
i have a friend who used to have a face full of pimples
after she tried it
it actually worked
and it cleared her skin
but i heard this only lasts for maybe a year
because after some time
due to bad lifestyle (lack of sleep, eating unhealthy food, dieting too much...)
her skin isn't that good again...
and there are scars...
it just isn't perfect
and it depends on who u r
if i use it i reckon I might kill myself

dora_18

HSC
well im not saying roaccutane is for everyone am i,
im just saying that its worth going to a dermatologist about even if he doesnt prescribe roaccutane/oratane, it obviously all comes down to how bad your skin is along with how long you wait before it gets even worse.

If it gets bad quickly and you treat it, you'll have awesome looking skin in no time at all..with very minimal scarring. ..and even scars can be treated, my friend had her dermo inject things under the surface of the skin to raise if back up again. But the longer you wait the higher the risk of more scarring. Ive seen people with very few pimples develop really bad scars, whilst people with really bad skin cleared up fine.

As for the killing yourself bit...you realise that some people dont get any depression symtoms at all right? Its more of a concern if major depression runs in the family, and once again...they monitor your prgoress, you dont wake up one morning and hang yourself becuase you're depressed.

Last edited:

dora_18

HSC
depends where you live or is easy to get to

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Herron has a vitamin tablet thing called "Hair, skin and nails", with all this stuff in it to awesomise your hair, skin and nails.

According to the calendar, I'm about to break out, so i'll tell you how it goes.
*crosses fingers*

dora_18

HSC
hmm...wouldnt mind making my nails stronger

runtlocks

the diff'rence
HSC
dora_18 said:

i dont think so!!!

Its true!
No bloody way would I put my kids on the drug, and I'm talking on personal experience here. And personally i think you're a bit obsessed.

Always

HSC
scarybunny said:
Herron has a vitamin tablet thing called "Hair, skin and nails", with all this stuff in it to awesomise your hair, skin and nails.

According to the calendar, I'm about to break out, so i'll tell you how it goes.
*crosses fingers*
If it contains zinc then it's good for hair/skin/nails. If it doesn't, it's a scam and it won't work.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
runtlocks said:
No bloody way would I put my kids on the drug, and I'm talking on personal experience here. And personally i think you're a bit obsessed.
This drug is so highly debated. I think it comes down to if you have a bad experience, it's a really bad one, and if it's a good experience, it's a really good one. I hate it when the media start making a huge deal about the horror stories, yes they are there, but so are the good ones (the majority).

Last edited:

helmut

HSC
yeah, my sister had a bad experience with Roaccutane so i stayed well and clear of it.

i forgot what the original question was. but pimples go hand in hand with toothpaste. not sure if this is a myth, but it doesn't do any damage and is hell funny when you tell people to try it and then they forget to wash it off and have toothpaste on thier chin all day.

*laughs childlishly*

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Always said:
If it contains zinc then it's good for hair/skin/nails. If it doesn't, it's a scam and it won't work.
yeah there's zinc in it. I was actually just going to take zinc, but mum said that you only really need a little bit, and since i eat red meat i should be getting enough. and i trust herron to make a good tablet.

still, i'd like to see if these tablets work on me.

dora_18

HSC
runtlocks said:
my parents really had no choice in the matter..i did what i thought was right at the time, and you most likely wont have a decision in your kids choice either!..thats point number 1....and point number 2...yeh you're right i am a bit obsessed, you see im screwing my dermo so i figured i should put in a good word for him by promoting roaccutane.

PatG

HSC
I've been on Roacutane twice in the past 2 years. Sure it gets rid of the pimples pretty well but you have to cope with the intensely dry skin and painful dry lips. And if you put lip balm on it looks like you have lip gloss on.

I wouldn't recommend it unless you had no other option.

Now I just use Clean & Clear Continuous Control Acne Cleanser and Clean & Clear Blackhead Clearing Cleanser. They work quite well.

dora_18

HSC
i mentioned my dermatologist before...but i deleated the post only becuase if you want to make an app with him its like a 3month waiting list...

as for the price...depends how long the concultation is, i pay anywhere from $100-150 for a 10-20mins consult, if you have several appointements in a row (when you're actaully on the drug and need to have general blood pathology work done) they give you a discount:p

tlodg

HSC
N/A
Has anyone tried aloe vera (gel)?

If yes,

did it work for you (in reducing pimples/controlling breakouts)?

did you get any side effects (ie. skin becomes dry after the 'liquid' evaporates..)?

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
I've found aloe vera to be fantastic in healing sunburnt skin and making it soft and smooth, but I haven't seen any reduction in pimples using it.

The dryness is just the aloe pulp, after you wash it off there is no residue.

But yeah, as I've said before, it's better to go to the doctor if you're worried about your skin, they can help treat the situation and then afterwards you can maintain the skins health with natural products such as aloe vera etc, but I don't reccomend using them to treat the problem...

And lol at all these people recommending certain products to get rid of acne...WHEN THEY'VE ALREADY BEEN TREATED WITH ORATANE/ROACCUTANE...

Also, exfoliating your skin gets rid of dead skin cells which block pores, and it also smooths out your skin and reduces scarring/redness. Dermalogica daily microfoliant is expensive (about $70) but well worth it.

Nakashima

We GLAMOROUS
HSC
I don't know much about severe acne, but if your skin breaks out every now and then, use a cream or facewash that contains benzyl peroxide like Benzac (start with 2.5-5% and move on to 10% if it doesn't work).

Lalisse is also quite good. :)

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
Nakashima said:
I don't know much about severe acne, but if your skin breaks out every now and then, use a cream or facewash that contains benzyl peroxide like Benzac (start with 2.5-5% and move on to 10% if it doesn't work).

Lalisse is also quite good. :)
i used lalisse...pretty pricey but its well worth it
you should notice the results after a few weeks
highly recommend them

Nakashima

We GLAMOROUS
HSC
jemsta said:
i used lalisse...pretty pricey but its well worth it
you should notice the results after a few weeks
highly recommend them
It's pricey?

How much do you pay for them?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)