Pinafores (1 Viewer)

kimi

C U Next Tuesday.
HSC
N/A
Always said:
That's what I figured, I'll just wear my pinnie in summer. The problem is it's wool so it might get a bit hot or even itchy. Oh, and it doesn't fit well around the waist and it doesn't sit properly on the hips either. Why did I buy it?

This is what I don't understand. The major fashion shows are in Europe, so it would make sense if these trends start there and everyone in Europe wears them to death. But it doesn't happen. We're the only country who adopts trends such as these and wear them like a uniform. If you go to Europe you'll notice that everyone dresses so differently, they don't all look the same. Sure, each city has its own 'look' but each person has their own style. Why does that not happen in Australia?
The KH one makes me look really odd around the waist area too, not to mention the wool sometimes gets itchy and the material at the back rides up my ass. And i ALWAYS have to pull it down. Im wearing the others for Summer, definitely.

The way i see it, they have many fashion influences in Europe so they dont necessarily have to embrace EVERY single trend. Theres room to breathe basically. Whereas, in Australia- youve got some notable trends taken from the European fashion forecast by Australian designers (very few in comparison to Europe and such) whom then, are embraced by chain stores. THEN theres no escaping. We are basically bombarded with these instant trend "fixes". I blame the chain stores. Once a trend gets done so much, it loses its touch and it moves on to ANOTHER trend and the whole cycle happens. Look what happened to Polka Dots. Its going to happen to Pinafores, then Bows, then dresses with pockets and etc. (Though i reallly LOVE dresses with pockets and already have a few).

EDIT: i swear none of that garbage i said made sense. :eek: forgive me

Last edited:
HSC
i'm not a fan of the pinafore look, with skivvy and such under.
i like the shakuhachi one alot, but i wouldn't wear it with something under.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Some people can pull it off. I know for a fact that I cannot...

Always

HSC
This is for AlleyCat and kimi - dresses/skirts with pockets loooove:

Thakoon

Roland Mouret

Derek Lam

Luella

Akris

Chloe

Camilla & Marc

Alice McCall

Yay! Clothes make me oh-so-happy.

btw, how do I post up pics from my computer?

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
Always said:
^ I'm the opposite. I thought they were cute (and still do) but I'm pretty much sick of seeing them everywhere on everyone - even the old ladies. Seriously, what is up with that.

AlleyCat - pics are from http://www.style.com/fashionshows/

These two have got to be the most common, I see them everywhere, especially the Shakuhachi.

Kate Hurst

Shakuhachi
that kate hurst one: as much as i generally dont like the look, THAT is hot. and i would wear it. Such a nice colour, i think its hard to find really nice grays that dont just look dull. and its just...cute. but in a good way.
the shakuhachi one is a bit dodgy looking, though. it reminds me of my nan's bedspread.

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
Always said:
This is for AlleyCat and kimi - dresses/skirts with pockets loooove:

Thakoon
i got an imitation of this today, in black. nice and cheap... and i was amazed that it looked good on me since i have such a wonky shape!

oh and i still have my pinnie from high school!!

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
Can I just say that catwalk models are not the best examples? I have NEVER seen a nice outfit on the catwalk, apart from Myer/DJ ones. But that's my opinion.

Some pinafores (the ones i've seen at uni) look cute. But I've personally only seen 2 people pull them off successfully (pls don't be offended, i'm sure u can pull them off too, but i just haven't seen you :)), and those two were my boss' daughter and one of my girlfriends.

Interestingly my boss' daughter has a larger figure and she looked GORGEOUS in a blue pinafore with a turtleneck and boots. My friend who's a tiny asian girl also looked gorgeous in a similar outfit, but with flats.

for me? i would never pull it off. I'm still deciding whether I can pull off leggings & dress, leggings & skirt, leggings & short look lol

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
grk_styl said:
I'm still deciding whether I can pull off leggings & dress, leggings & skirt, leggings & short look lol
probably not, but theres no shame in that, since even thinking about matching shorts with leggings makes my inner-eye retinas explode.

pinnies, on the other hand (in my opinion anyway) suit more people that you might think, but they just dont choose the right one for their shape, or they belt it wrong, or they wear the wrong top under it.

i still dont like that kate hurst one, even though i see almost one a day on average.

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
AlleyCat said:
probably not, but theres no shame in that, since even thinking about matching shorts with leggings makes my inner-eye retinas explode.
LOL I have to agree with you. I attempted the leggings/denim skirt and it worked well! I was proud of myself.

AlleyCat said:
pinnies, on the other hand (in my opinion anyway) suit more people that you might think, but they just dont choose the right one for their shape, or they belt it wrong, or they wear the wrong top under it.

i still dont like that kate hurst one, even though i see almost one a day on average.
Yeh I think you're right. I see them on a lot of girls at uni especially and they often don't work because of the reasons you said. Usually I see colours/patterns clashing with the top underneath. now THAT makes my retinas explode.

melimoo

knows how to rave
HSC
bubz :D said:
i got an imitation of this today, in black. nice and cheap... and i was amazed that it looked good on me since i have such a wonky shape!

oh and i still have my pinnie from high school!!
is that a sunnygirl/lovelygirl one? if so i have the same one!!
the thakoon one also looks like the dena pezzano ones??
hate the KH one sorry
and the Shakuhachi is overdone imo

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
i agree, i don't see what's so fabulous about the kate hurst and shakuhachi ones.

i'm not sure what brand mine is (my sister's wearing it at the moment), but it probably is sunnygirl, i got it from one of those shops! how much was yours, mel?

i saw it in red, too.. it's more casual but i don't know whether i should get it or not.. hmmm :p

anyway, i've decided that pencil skirts (?) look good on me. i never tried them on when they were big earlier, cos i never thought they'd suit me cos of my shape :p

lengy

HSC
The blue Shakuhachi one looks like the one kimi wore to the last meetup. I though it was rather funky and original that she was wearing that cause I hadn't noticed anyone else wearing it. My little sister just got two dresses recently, can't remember if they're pinafores or not but they look nice on her. She said she wanted them for summer.

melimoo

knows how to rave
HSC
bubz :D said:
i agree, i don't see what's so fabulous about the kate hurst and shakuhachi ones.

i'm not sure what brand mine is (my sister's wearing it at the moment), but it probably is sunnygirl, i got it from one of those shops! how much was yours, mel?

i saw it in red, too.. it's more casual but i don't know whether i should get it or not.. hmmm :p

anyway, i've decided that pencil skirts (?) look good on me. i never tried them on when they were big earlier, cos i never thought they'd suit me cos of my shape :p
mine was ~$50
i think they had it in red too
i got the brown. i wore it to the meat actually

and omg i love your av. what/who is it?
also i read your sig and could just hear it in my head. swoon. goodness me jeffy

Always

HSC
Every second girl I saw today was wearing a pinny. I also saw a girl wearing the same dress as me, haha. :s

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)