Pip, Good subject or not (1 Viewer)

chelsealowe

HSC
I was thinking on doing "nature vs nurture" i read something really interesting yesterday about an adoption agency who was separating twins as part of a nature vs nuture experiment to see if nature could re unite them or somhting. someone give me a heads up or something, im not real sure how to approach the subject..but HELP :D

lychnobity

HSC
I'm unsure of how to tell you to "approach" the subject, but it'd be hard to prove a point, seeing as there's going to be very little information on the topic. Not very practical.

But in regards to the topic, sounds interesting enough.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
I was thinking on doing "nature vs nurture" i read something really interesting yesterday about an adoption agency who was separating twins as part of a nature vs nuture experiment to see if nature could re unite them or somhting. someone give me a heads up or something, im not real sure how to approach the subject..but HELP :D

There were some studies on this a while back, they separated twins at birth and sent them to live with different families (now illegal), they never met each other yet it turns out they shared the same likes/dislikes etc, interesting stuff.

This is a really old question that has been addressed and re-addressed by many psychologists, doctors, scholars, social theorists etc, i don't think it would be difficult to get information, its a widely discussed topic, you could interview psychologists etc. there are heaps of video documentaries on it, we watched some in class.

I like it but you would have to narrow it down a bit, nature v nurture is HUGE, you need to talk about it in regards to a certain thing (btw twins are overdone)

nurdalurt

HSC
another problem with this might be the ethical dilema. -may-cat- is right. they are illegal for a reason. but the whole nature vs nurture debate is still alive and well. it just depends on your spin on it.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
I don't think a year 12's input on the subject of nature v. nurture is in anyway going to be well-informed, sensible, cohesive or profound.
If I did SaC, I'd do my PIP on the effect of the internet on personalities. I.E, whether someone has the same personality online as they do in real life. Looking around BoS would provide you with about as much info as you need and also yields a pretty obvious answer. Just create a questionnaire for peeps to fill out.

tazzydude

HSC
if you decide to do nature v nurture i recommend checking out the documentary "Dr. money and the boy with no penis"- its about a twin who had his penis burnt off at birth so he was made into a girl and nurtured that way

Amolester

HSC
My personal view is that it's too broad! I think Nature Vs Nurture is a good starting point but it definitely needs to be narrowed.
A girl at my school did it but based on twins, and how similar she and her twin sister were.
You could look at something like that maybe?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)