Pip help plez =] (1 Viewer)

katiexx

HSC
Hey everyone,
For my pip i am doing (public vs private schools), the labels people put on students attending them. I have noticed especially my school that students get label depending whether they attend private or public school and the social constructs people put on them. I go to a private school and i am best friends with people who go to public schools and before they met me they labelled me as a rich snotty nose snob and one day i introdued myself because i heard one of their comments "shes one of thoes rich snobs who goes to that private school" and i explained i dont think i am better than them and its not about what school you go to and now we are best friends and we joke about it. Also my closest friend use to go to my private school and moved away, there wasnt a close private school there so she is attending a public one and when her old friends ( who attend the private school) met her new friends they talked about how they wernt that "derro" and different to them. I am so frustrated with all theys labels and social constructs students put on each other. And a classic example is Summer Heights High!

Anyway if anyone has anything relating they wish to contribute or help me it would be MUCHLY APPRCIATED!

THANKS SO MUCH!!!!!!!
XXX

lychnobity

HSC
I'm going to be blunt:

Please don't put a story, I would have appreciated a concise paragraph about your PIP idea, and what you wanted out of the bosers.

I don't know what sort of help you need/how to help you.

katiexx

HSC
soz thought it might give ppl a bit of insight

what i would want to know is:
If you go to a private school do u or someone u know think that people who go to public schools different to you like ur better than them

OR

If you go to a public school do you think people who go to private schools think they are better than you and do u label them as rich snobs etc?

lychnobity

HSC
Private school people are normal, just happen to be caged up in a stricter school (in my area). They know they aren't better than me now - they used to.

I never labelled private school people as rich snobs though.

1Eilatan

HSC
In my area there is a public and private school right down the road from each other. I go to the public school, and surprisingly feel sorry for the private school students. Their school is strict, so much so that being away will get you a call and text to all registerd guardians. Because of such strictness, many of the students of that school change schools and some even develop mental diseases such as depression.
Just my opinion but, private schools may be way too scrict, but also, many of the students (and not just for private schools, but for any well kept rich school), have an air aboout them that their school is better then others. Simply because they are able to get better resources.. *Shrugs* Just what I have observed. Who am I to care, my school can't even afford staples. =D

sunsettah

HSC
I've attended public schools all my life.

Some were average. And a variety of teachers teach at private and public - mixed skilled ones.

The teachers are the most important instrument in defining schools, education wise, I think.

I'm gonna name names ^^
Kellyville High School in western Sydney was shit house. Public school that they tried to run like a private school (skirts well below knees, extreme uniform policy, etc) and their education was limited to whether you had a good teacher or a douchebag teacher.

SO many teachers these days just teach you out of the books, and you can't have valid in-depth conversations about topics to help understand them.

I now attend a small school of only 200 kids, and it's so much better. I'm learning so much more, and it's purely because I have great teachers.

I think it would be an excellent point to make.

Kellyville High, as aforementioned, left a bad imprint in my memory.

I remember once, I had the wrong uniform or something. It might have even been when I was anaemic and had 2 weeks off sports for recovery.
I was sent to the sport detention room, and had to spend 2 hours writing numbers 1 to 1000 in tiny little squares.

I asked if I could instead make use of the time and do school work, and was rejected.

This is absolutely fucking pathetic. I don't know who let's teachers run places like that. They need stricter rules to follow, that's for sure.

We're not dogs to be trained, we're there to learn and get a fucking education. That particular situation isn't acredited to purely public schooling or private schooling, but perhaps people have had similar experiences?

As I said, it was a public school that tried to run itself like a private school. And perhaps it still does.

When I started there it was only 2 years old, which could be another aspect to it.

Private schooling vs public schooling isn't a 'one is better than the other' argument, but of course there are benefits on both sides.

Private schooling gives many students a false sense of superiority that makes some of them extremely stubborn and rude people, I've noticed. Public schooling makes some kids say 'private school kids are shit, harden up to the real world' type things...

Public schooling is suposedly more attributed to violence and early substance abuse, etc.

But private schools are renound to often being worse in some cases, where people feel the need to rebel.

As much as 'cathollic school girls' are the new sluts in today's youth.

It's all very weird. But I'm sure with interviews, polls, surveys and research you'll come to some interesting conclusions of your own.
=]

keeganryan

HSC
As a student who has been privately educated since Kindergarten, I not only think I'm better than public school students, but know I am.

allira92

HSC
i dont know if this will help or not but anyways.
i go to a catholic school on the central coast and as much as it is classed as 'private' it is nothing on some of the catholic schools in sydney. i went on a social justice day last year with schools from broken bay and it was clear that although we were mostly catholic schools, our school was certainly not as 'private' as the sydney schools.

we made jokes of how "stuck up" and "posh" some of the schools were and i guess thats how our school is seen amoungst the public schools on the central coast... it was sort of interesting to be on the other side.

my area of the central coast has pretty dero public schools and the kids at those schools know that they have that reputation. our teachers tell us sometimes that if we dont want to follow the rules or hand in assignments etc, there are plenty of public schools around.

i dont know if thats any help or not but anyway

0hNivlek

HSC
Lol. Use some quotes from Summer Heights High. Ja'mie's public/private school quotes are hilarious!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)