Pip Help! (1 Viewer)

f.director

HSC
Im thinking of doing a pip on global warming but if i need to be "socially and

culturally literate" how should i be able to research it?

Right now my question is something based around "what Australia is doing to

prevent global warming from happening or how Australia is responding to it.

Something like that. Plz HELP!

eyestodiefor

HSC
Thats a really broad and politic based topic. I think when looking at something politically influential as the environment it's important to take into account not what we ARE or AREN'T doing about it but peoples preceptions towards the action or lack of action taken to right the wrong [or as you'll find to be the preception of some to rightly ignore the issue] and what effect that has on the surrounding commuity - whether it be the whole of Australia of Sydney, or your local town.

In terms of perceptions I am inclined to suggest that you would find a vast different in the attitudes of persons geographically and generationally. For example - I'm from the shire and the drought doesn't terribly phase me; I know that a lot of the shire only care because of the desal proposals at kurnell. You'll find a similar thing with global warming. It depends who you talk to - what their political views are, their age and their level of education. You've already got four cross components right there. I think you've got more than enough to pull this topic off as long as you keep reminding yourself to draw it back to sociology and not let it become purely political [whether it be our local/national gov or the initiation of various treaties by the UN].

Hope this has been of help! Wb if you want anything further explained - or to challenge me on my suggestions and I'm not than happy to listen to what you have to say and offer what I can.

Peace
Kaitlin
English Adv, English Ext 1, English Ext 2, Modern History, History Ext, Society and Culture, Economics

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)