PIP interview help (1 Viewer)

jbgossie

HSC
Hey everyone,
So my PIP topic is basically how the media is using its influence amongst adolescents to glamourise rebellious behaviours...mainly underage drinking.

Ive just gotten an interview with someone from Girlfriend magazine...problem is, i dont really know what type of questions to ask.

does anyone have ideas for questions?

Help would be greatly appreciated and id be happy to return the favour for anyone else that needs PIP help.

Thanks heaps
Jess

BronwynKate

HSC
How many standard drinks do you drink a weekday?

How many standard drinks do you drink a weekend?

Then I would ask about their consumption of popular and quality media

eg: Do you read newspapers: every day / every week / only on weekends / once a month / only when there's something interesting.

eg: Do you read womens' newspapers

Give an example of a newspaper article/women's magazine which has influenced your views positively / negatively towards underage drinking

What do you see as the issues behind underage drinking and how are they different from media portrayals you have seen?

I would ask about all sorts of media including television and videos/DVDs.

I would also ask how old they were when they started using this media and whether they would still use this media as an adult.

I would ask hypothetical questions like "Imagine you are ..." and give them hypothetical barrier/dilemna situations, as these reveal a great deal about a person psychologically.

I would use Likert-type scales as these are easy to mark and grade.

Be careful about how you might be biasing questions to get a result.

What are your user/interest groups? I found it interesting you got someone from Girlfriend. Do you have any less mainstream sources? I frequently talk to the girls from LiP which is a more feminist magazine. Also you might get a male-interest magazine.

Good work!

mishka

HSC
N/A
If you're interviewing someone from Girlfriend magazine, your questions will have to direct them to be very detailed about their own ideas, based on their experiences with readers and past stories. They might be able to give you other links to people in the field.

The interviewing process in itself can be intimidating - if you're going to use a tape recorder, make sure you ask first. If they decline, make sure you are taking down specific notes and quotes. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)