pip topic regarding a dying culture! (1 Viewer)

pig_93

HSC
i am doing a pip topic probably on a dying religion ( i know which one ) but my problem is, how do i go about starting and collating my information....

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
I like to advice you that don't start collecting information UNTIL you have a clear, defined foucus question, i.e. what exactly you like to find out. If you shift your focus question a little during the PIP-making process, all of your effort will be wasted. Ask your teacher about the appropriateness of your topic. Please don't tell him/her "I'm doing a dying religion". Consider what aspect of this religion would you like to find out about? How does it relate to Society and culture? How does this aspect contribute to your understanding in Society and Culture?

Good luck!

Sickle

Hello Sunshine
HSC
Well once you've got your question just find out as much as you can about it's history and what it's like now and then do you're methodologies etc basing it all around your question. See how it turns out, and if you have plenty of stuff you can always swap around what you wrote or cut stuff out.

I found it much easier to have too much information and cut it all out and re-arrange it than just plod along.

babii-boo

1ol skool BOY!
HSC
im doin a dyin culturre as well.. just curious wat one ur doin?

pig_93

HSC
im doing my religion and its called zoroastriansm
what one are you doing??

another thing is, has everyone started doing theres. i mean, ive thought about it, but nothing is down on paper...ahh
i dont know how to start properly

Kulazzi

HSC
we haven't started ours yet but we have filled out like a proposal sheet, it akss like what methodologies ur gonna use, where are you going to get information from etc. etc. but our teacher recommends as much secondary research as you can during the christmas hols so you at least have some background information and then go into your primary one during term one

pig_93

HSC
ive started!

ahh i started my pip! not like totally but ive written down the research methogologies i am going to do and the concepts i am going to cover...ahh PROGRESS IS GREAT. its not much, but im gonna show it to my teacher tomrorow....and ive kinda changed it too...its not so much a dying culture, but more a culture that changes with the environment

good luck with everything guys

thanks for ur help

mishka

HSC
N/A
here's a tip - make sure you keep your annotated bibliography up to date. don't leave it until last - grab a notebook and cite all sources so that when you're putting the final copy together you don't have to remember the title of that book you used in December!! :)

annotated means you have to write a small blurb on what the book was about, how it was relevant to your topic, what information it had, whether it was useful and why etc. try not to be repetitive in the annotations.

ashiebear

HSC
Our class has already handed in our PIP proposals, and i got 8 1/2 out of 10.. i have started my introduction and my log.. im still not sure how to set mine out.. im doing 'problem gambling in todays society and how it affects families', etc.. im still thinking about my question and what i could do..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)