Pip Topics Of '07' (1 Viewer)

*miranda*

HSC
Kulazzi said:
If you are focusing on the role of women in Islam and portraying them as oppressive and not having enough "freedom" then let me know.
I'm not sure as yet....I think it will probably be more about the role of Islamic women in Australia...(???) not really sure. I'll probably refer to the Crunalla riots maybe...I noticed that you're a member of the Student Islamic Association, would it be possible for you to be able to give out some surveys when I get the time to make them up? or even if you'd be able to read over my questions (make sure they're not offensive etc...) when I write them.
Any help would be appreciated.

The PIP is beginning to scare me big time now! plus i have 3 other major projects as well! :bomb: thats going to be me at the end of the hsc...

Kulazzi

HSC
*miranda* said:
I'm not sure as yet....I think it will probably be more about the role of Islamic women in Australia...(???) not really sure.
If you do, I can pass on a few names of some Muslim women who are exceedingly involving themselves in the Australian community and also disperse the myths about Muslim women being "oppressed". However, I cannot guarantee that they will be able to answer your questions or take part in your PIP (if you perform observation). Also, the society I belong to, it was female dominated this year (there were no guys at all) and for the society next year, there is only one male. The other members are all female ;)

I'll probably refer to the Crunalla riots maybe...
If you do this, you can't really focus on women in Australia. Just men of middle-eastern and anglo-saxon/celtic background who are macho fighting

I noticed that you're a member of the Student Islamic Association, would it be possible for you to be able to give out some surveys when I get the time to make them up?
Definitely. At the beginning of each semester at uni, we have an Infromation stall setup (outside building 1 at bankstown campus). I can get some girls to fill it in and if you would like to drop by (in your free-time) then feel free to do so. You can collect some info from us as well. I won't see many of the committee girls until our next meeting (which has not been organised yet) and afterwards, I will see most of them in March (beginning of first semester). So you have plenty of time to form your questions.

or even if you'd be able to read over my questions (make sure they're not offensive etc...) when I write them.
Sure. However I will be away on holidays during the Christmas period. But there's no rush. As I said, you have until March next year. But you can send me drafts if you like and I can look over it for you.

The PIP is beginning to scare me big time now! plus i have 3 other major projects as well! :bomb: thats going to be me at the end of the hsc...
Trust me. Time will fly. I cannot believe myself that it has only been one year since I have finished my HSC. Make it a fun year!

groovychacha

HSC
Im thinking of doing mine on how technology has impacted on the way that we communicate and social behaviour. So things like how we place less importance on face to face communication and spend heaps more time talking on phones, emails, sms etc. I was going to compare this to past generations and possibly give an overview and then just focus on one kind of technology eg text messages.
Do you have any suggestions??
Whats really common this year?? I seems lots of people are doing religion...

iknowmyonion

HSC
I'm doing mine on how the popularisation of indie culture has changed it.

i think i'm going to look at how the oc has popularised it, and myspace has changed the way in which they can communicate.

it sounds really dumb, but i don't want to be stuck doing something I have no interest in, because i get bored really easily =P

Beeno

HSC
I'm doing my PIP on how males and females were made different (physically obviously, psychologically?) and other social factors that seperate the sexes and I'm calling it "No REALLY...men ARE from Mars and women ARE from Venus". Is that okay? =/ Society is my WORST subject >< this is like my 4th topic ..

Last edited:

aimme

HSC
im doing Schoolies as a rite of passage and without this event showing the transition from adolescents to adulthood does one not recognise the transition as much or at all..

do you think its ok anyone?

*miranda*

HSC
I think i have narrowed down my pip! Currently I am thinking of looking at the medias role in the portrayel of islamic and non islamic relations in Australia - perhaps with a focus on the crunella riots :S - I just think perhaps the media does have a responsibility to accept in creating hype over differences/issues between the two cultures....any advice/help would be great!

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Yep. It would be an interesting PIP!

To examine the media's role in your topic, maybe you can do a simple quantitative analysis of how many articles have been published on one form of the publication and see what this tells you. For example, you may have newspaper clippings during that peroid and you can count how many articles have been published on that issue. Or look through the internet for online articles. Will this give you a massive number of article?

- What does this tell you?
- What about articles on the avian influenza flu whcih can potentially kill millions of people and cause a pandemic? How many articles are on this topic??

You will find a huge contrast. Ask your self WHY is there such a contrast? Is avian virus not important? Or is the media trying to blow certain issue out of proportion? And for what? viewers? rating?

Good luck!

hayleyl

HSC
Choosing a PIP topic is doing my head in!!!!:burn:
Every time I decide on a topic I decide its no good enough I really want it to be interesting and of a good quality!!

Any ideas? I will be very greatful!!!

melhoneybee

HSC
N/A
The best way to choose a topic is to find something you are really interested in and base it around that. A lot of the pips i have read were very contrived in that the person chose something they thought would appeal to the markers or get them high marks.
The process of research and how well you construct your pip is important. Some of the best pips i have read are written by people who are absolutely passionate about what they have done.
I read an interesting one on manga/anime and society. The student who wrote it was very passionate about her topic and this was evident in the thorough way she had researched and written her pip.

p.s. i am a society & culture teacher but not currently teaching this subject so this is from a teachers perspective in case anyone gets shirty about teachers posting here.

hayleyl

HSC

I was thinking about doing the impact of sole parent families on the community over the years but I still am not sure!!
My first idea for my PIP was bullying, Why teenage girls are so cruel and why do they do it. I was going to use my school because we are a senior campus and that could exclude age, and so on...
But I changed my mind and have continued that pattern :)
Maybe I should do a PIP on why it is so hard to choose a topic !:) Maybe not !​

backstreet51

definitely maybe.
HSC
I'm doing something like "How much religion plays a part in tolerance of homosexuality."

I originally chose how homosexuality is taught differently in different religious groups, but it was going all over the place. It kind of lead to me thinking homophobia has to do with human instinct too, not just because it says so in the bible...like how you can get atheists who are against it, things like that.

I'm still not sure whether this is a good topic or not.

*miranda*

HSC
backstreet - that sounds like a good topic, really broad so maybe if you refine it will be easier to attack but i think it sounds really interesting, you could do really good surveys - maybe how age is a factor, younger people appear to be more accepting etc. I really am looking forward to hearing more about it

freedz11

HSC
hey everyonee, im doing my PIP this year and i want it to be based around either soccer and capitalism or soccer and gender...i was wonderin if any of you had ne ideas on what i could do??

thanks, adam

EnterThe Circus

HSC
hayleyl said:
Choosing a PIP topic is doing my head in!!!!:burn:
Every time I decide on a topic I decide its no good enough I really want it to be interesting and of a good quality!!

Any ideas? I will be very greatful!!!

Join the club.

I've come across around 50 000 different topics and none of them seem to be good enough, it's really starting to annoy me because i want to get the P.I.P over and done with.

hybrid-stigmata

Space.Monkey
HSC
I have absolutely no idea on what to do.
It's so frustrating!!
Our teacher is supposed to be checking what we did over the holidays too and I haven't even found a topic I'm content with yet :s
Any ideas?...
:)

---dree

HSC
I've been soo indecisive about a topic for my PIP =/

Right now my ideas are still quite broad but i'm thinking along the lines of gender and power: the ascent of the 'alpha female'.

i've been looking at past PIP topics and many were on masculinity so i thought i'd do the opposite ..?

i would like to do something on religion and sexuality? or media, adolescents and sex but it sounds cliche, unless i come up with an original idea :confused::confused:

Coming up with and deciding on a good topic is the hardest part of the PIP! Geeez :mad1: Need to come up with my focus question and hypothesis by the end of this week or im screwed x(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)