PIP topics - What's been done to death? (1 Viewer)

Jennifer3386

Hey guys, just wondering what the most common and overdone PIP topics are that you've come across?

I was thinking about investigating gun control in Australia and America - why it's so different and why Americans feel they need guns. Has this been done?

What else has been done too much???

ta kids

glitter burns

the sky is falling
HSC
Apparently this year, divorce and it's effects on children and adults was reeeaally common.
Also, lots of people do things like teen smoking, peer pressure, and anorexia, they're over-done now apparently.

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Jennifer, your topic is too wide. For you to find Primary information, are you thinking of going to America and do that?

Overdone topics include reality TV, and some of the societal issues such as drugs.....

young_gurl

sometimes topics that have been done to death can be good if u shed a different light on it for eg teenager preganancy u could look at the effects it has on the guys instead of the girls!

deviant

i dont think it realy matters, as long as ur interested in the topic.
so u would want 2 work on it over the holidays.

swangal

disabled ppl, suicide, and alot of the other issues ppl already mentioned...depression, abortion, drugs, teen preganacy, racism, violence/abuse, issues on plastic surgery/cosmetic alterations

freaked

HSC
ok well now I'm feeling iffy about my PIP.
I was doing abortion but you guys all say its done to death.
How do you know? I haven't seen or heard about anyone elses.

Kulazzi

HSC
no, but can you imagine how many students are doing the PIPs? And I'm sure many of the markers have come across this topic many many times. What did your teacher say about this topic?

miss_depp

The Graduate
HSC
Pretty much everyone has said what I was thinking but I'll still write it anyway...
*Abortion - mainly anti-abortion but it's been done from pretty much any angle it could be done from.
*Teen pregnancy - again, pretty much done from every possible angle.
*Drugs - in sport, used by teenagers, used by parents etc etc...
*Depression - having it, having family with it, having friends with it etc.
*Suicide - done to death (no pun intended).
*Teens having sex.
*Sports - drugs, media portrayal, sporting icons etc.
*Abuse/violence - sexual, rape, domestic, child etc.

My brain is too tired to think of more....

shelley

trouble maker
HSC
look theres millions of done to death topics...though i did a one to tdeath topisc and got a pip award for it!

but do try for some orginality....theres millions out there like my teacher always said "theres a pip topic in that"

you could look at the feeects of an aging population on the conservative trneds of teh nation, look at the life chances of this generation compared to now and why that come about (ir the fact that nowdays middle income owners cant afford a house), look at the growing trend for peopel to become discontent with mere materialism and why....seriously theres millions

do try to avoid abortion (theres just no bloody way that can be looked at differently, when i went through my high schools old pip (we have them kept in a room) there was a good third of them on abortion, suicide im told is very hard to write a good pip on because its such a depressing and emtional topic (one good one was done 3 years back by a girl whose father committed suicide after the veitnam war so she looks at the pyschological affects of war...you need that kind of angle to make sucide more relevant to society as a whole)

also feminsm has been done to death, preganacy (from both sides) has been done 5o million times

but yeah you get the idea...if your gonna do something done to death you hvata do it brilliantly

hahaha actually you could do academic pressure in teh hsc and look at the changing job markett, parental expectations ect and look at how its changed and efffected generations over time...ie nowdays its prceived as the be all and end all...you need it to have a job, where as before it was just what people who were rich or VERY intellegent did, and look how these attitudes have eefected the various generations...

*Erika*

HSC
adding to all the ones mentioned above...

tatoos and piercings...body art ect.
punks, goths, and other such sub-culture thingys

shady_03

Sue me....
HSC
Anything to do with the media and its effect on teens

lizziegirl

HSC
N/A
its not so much as a topic thats been done to death. its more that ppl havent approached a topic in a fresh way.

Monstar

HSC
talk about culture from america influencing the culture of australia.

xxlambchopxx

HSC
is gender and popular culture too overdone?? its too late to change anyway.

Savukk

HSC
"Coming Out" pips are really over-done and teachers hate them. By coming-out one's i mean about coming out of the closet. Of course, others that are overdone have already been mentioned: body image, piercing/tattoo, relationships, suicide and sex (masturbation, orgasm ect).

Original pips aren't so hard to think up as long as you stay close to your own interests.

mishka

HSC
N/A
xxlambchopxx said:
is gender and popular culture too overdone?? its too late to change anyway.
No, as I said, if you can find an original spin or idea to follow, these types are usually quite effective. My general topic was on gender and popular culture however it was a specific popular culture which made the discussion more focused.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)