PIP (1 Viewer)

arabella17

HSC
Hey guys, I need help!
For my Society and Culture PIP (personal interest project) I have come up with the idea -"How does different parenting styles affect a child's development and wellbeing? "I was going to talk about the four parenting styles
- permissive/indulgent
- authoritarian
- negligent
-democratic
I was also going to use some examples, I really need to get started and appreciate any notes or advice and how to start!!

bernehxoxo

HSC
Sorry if this is too late, buuuuuut
Firstly, start off with the ideas of nature and nurture, and how the environment and culture affects the parenting style
Then go into your examples of parenting styles, and maybe discuss the ages of kids when parents use different styles, maybe relate it to theories of personal and social development (in prelim)? Not too sure, good luck

chrisky

HSC
i think its important your careful not to brand some parents as "negligent". Also it might be better to focus more closely on two and compare them, rather than having it too broad. Also be aware that you said "the four parenting styles". Can they all be categorised such, and do these reflect all the variety?

Also, maybe make it more about children's perception of how their upbringing imparted by their parent has contributed to their sense of self/identity/development

Kymren

HSC
Another thing to think about is the change in a child's perspective to their parents methods over time.
Some people think their parents are to hard on them when they are young, when they are older they often change their perspectives.
The same often occurs with parents who are to lenient. When their children are older they wish that their parents pushed them more.
e.g. my dad is a music teacher and makes me practice every day, I used to hate it, but now I don't really mind it because I'm coming first in HSC music. My perspective has changed!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)