• bit of both!

Votes: 36 64.3%
  • huh? who?

Votes: 1 1.8%

• Total voters

bekstah

HSC
N/A
im interested to see who downloads or buys their albums etc..
poll it up

G

Gavvvvvin

I just download music to try new stuff out, and if I like it I'll always buy it.

_Amie_

HSC
I have to admit, I get most of my music from my bf, who seems to have every album EVER. Its like having your own cd shop. But, if he doesn't have what I want, then I'm happy to buy it.

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
ever since u could download music..burn c.ds etc
i cant bring myself to buya c.d nemore
unless its really worth it

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
I have no qualms with downloading music to see new acts, i have about 75% legit of my collection, the rest being obscure and really difficult to get a hand on, ie bootlegs, limited edition first release stuff and imports.

All this bullshit about how you're ripping off the artists, for the majority of the artists on major labels, the returns from a cd which falls under the allocated budget and after all the cuts have been taken is around $3. Now divide that by say 3-5 people in a band per cd and thats not a hell of a lot. Thats IF it recoups the production costs as well as staying under.

If you want to show your support, turn up to their gigs and buy merch, thats where their income comes from, ticket sales and tshirts.

slip

HSC
actually not even that much of the money from the cd goes to the artist.

artist make most of there money from touring on the back or records, merch at gigs, and the record deals themselves. The money spent buying the cd goes to the record company, and if the band exceeds expectation then they get bonuses.

but that doesnt mean you shouldnt buy a bands cd, cause if it doesnt sell the band can end up in debt to the company or it just wont get to make another cd.

having said all of that i burn most of my cds lately.

Annegelic

Taper jean girl
HSC
depends on the artists usually.
i'll try to download what i can, mostly when trying out new stuff, but sometimes i can't find the complete album so then im forced to buy it instead (if i love them that much).

w1ck3d_c10wn

HSC
I download, mainly because a lot of things I listen to are hard to get around here, and I see 30 (or more) dollars for one album which you may not even like all of as quite extortionate. Having said that, I do buy all of my DVD's legitametely.

spiny norman

HSC
I like to own the material possession so much more than some copy of it.

Plus I can almost always find an album I want for less than $20.

alien

HSC
i usually buy but i d/l sometimes if i can't find it in sydney

artfag

Banned
HSC
i download a lot and buy a lot
i was going to order OHM's 'The Early Gurus Of Electronic Music', but then found out that it's $130. US. for 3 cds. fuck that

ChrisE

HSC
i do both. ill download a track or two of a new artist or on a recommendation, if i like it ill buy a cd of the artist.
having a burnt cd for me is a very hollow experience, i like the whole package of buying a cd with cover art etc.

em_516

bludging..
HSC
i like to download music because there's a lot of stuff i want to try out but i don't really want to waste $30 if it's shit..but if i REALLY like something i'll buy it

bekstah

HSC
N/A
i have quite a few legit albums BUT, i have been a downloadaholic ever since i got a PC in my room, when someone tells yu about a band or good song, the convenience of whipping out your p2p program is such a habit now, its like find out about song, next instant: you have it and listening to it, rather than saying 'oh ill go tomoro to the shops and find that single", chances are, with the diversity of music and unreleased bands in australia; you prolly wont find it, and the other issue is it takes effort to travel to a shop =P

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
damn you guys actaully buy. Well about 95% downloaded , burnt of a friend or taken from other peoples computers. and the 5% of times when i was stupid enough to buy a CD i dont listen to anymore

artfag

Banned
HSC
bekstah said:
i have quite a few legit albums BUT, i have been a downloadaholic ever since i got a PC in my room,
are you addicted to downloadahol?

corro

HSC
about 99% downloaded :) Music is far too expensive. Just checked ive saved about $8 grand just from the albums ive downloaded. Well not that idve actually purchased all these albums anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)