Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End (1 Viewer)

cccclaire

HSC
I thought it was really good, after the second one I wasn't expecting much, but I was really suprised.
it got a tad confusing around the middle and relied a bit too much on old gags, but it was still good.

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
Didn't have much of an idea what was going on during the first half since I've only seen #2 once (at the cinema), but the second half was pretty good. The first one is definitely still the best...

apparantly after the credits, they show Elizabeth and Will's son... and how Will only gets to see him once every ten years

goosiegoo

HSC
bubz :D said:
Didn't have much of an idea what was going on during the first half since I've only seen #2 once (at the cinema), but the second half was pretty good. The first one is definitely still the best...

apparantly after the credits, they show Elizabeth and Will's son... and how Will only gets to see him once every ten years
Yeah they do.

I thought it was good, moved really fast in my opinion... however, the 1st one will always be the best...

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Hokay.

A person on my LJ Flist describes it perfectly, so I shall quote her.

THAT WEDDING SCENE

IT ASJBJKW WAS JHAKLS

THEY GOT MARRIED AS THEY FOUGHT. HAND IN HAND. WITH SWORDS. IN THE RAIN. ON A SHIP. SPINNING AROUND A WHIRLPOOL AS SHIT EXPLODED EVERYWHERE. AND THEN MADE OUT.

I JUST...

dsfjkaslfjkasdf

IN THAT SINGLE SCENE THEY ENCOMPASSED ALL FIVE OF THE NECESSARY ELEMENTS TO A GRATE MOVIE.

FIGHTING
SWORDS
GUNS
SHIT BLOWING UP
HOT PEOPLE MAKING OUT

IN. THAT. ONE. SCENE.

And Johnny Depp.

*swoon*

Legham

HSC
Imo, the marriage bit was lame and stupid.. Like the writers were trying too hard to make it interesting. Still an awesome scene but :)

Last edited by a moderator:

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Freaking after credits things!!!

why do i never learn
I always leave the cinema before the credits end, even with past experience of missing little things like that. Ah well my boyfriend hasnt seen it so i'll probably go again at some point in the future.

jest

HSC
i saw it last night and loved it! i'll probably go and see it again :)

goosiegoo

HSC
scarybunny said:

why do i never learn
I always leave the cinema before the credits end, even with past experience of missing little things like that. Ah well my boyfriend hasnt seen it so i'll probably go again at some point in the future.
Oh, the after credit things for Pirates are never that important, i always see them cos i work at the cinema.

HSC
anyone else get pissed off by continual closeups on the monkey? i mean it was kinda funny first time, maybe even a lil kyute, but they overdid that imo

scarybunny said:

why do i never learn
fuck they told me about it before i went in and completely forgot about it. :eek:

Gilbert1

Humoures Pun
HSC
crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap,

HSC
I saw it today, and thought it was pretty good.
I'm glad I came here and read to keep watching after the credits. But the credits went on for AGES!!

Johnny Depp was awesome in this movie; lol @
the scenes of him talking to "himself"!!

lengy

HSC
I thought it was awesome. What was the point of the two Asian chicks at the start getting shot though?

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Someone may have said this, but something they cut from the movie really adds some sense to it.

One scene cut explained that if Calypso had greeted Davy Jones after his ten years of ferrying dead souls, then he would have been freed of his duty: in turn, Will is freed of his captaincy as Elizabeth remains faithful to him ten years later

That makes me feel better about the ending.

lengy

HSC
Oh, I assumed he would be released after his ten year probation. Apparently not.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
lengy said:
Oh, I assumed he would be released after his ten year probation. Apparently not.
Oh there was a probation period? I assumed it just went on forever, why else would they need to be immortal?

lengy

HSC
Dunno, I was just enjoying the film, not looking too deep into it.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Haha I went and read the wikipedia summary, because when I watch a movie for the first time I miss half the things that happen.

I just can't concentrate for three hours in a dark room.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)