• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest (1 Viewer)

dora_18

HSC
well no it isnt godly....i would never place pirates of the caribbean on my favourite movies list...but i just liked the first one better than the second one...

lourai*87

~"*_*"~
HSC
Im usually not one for celebrity crushes but i think i fell in love with Johnny Depp.

anyway, i also need to go see the first one now in the hope of working out what everything means here. But i loved it, it was fantastic.

tennille

HSC
I loved it. And Lorai*87, I've fallen in love with him as well. :eek:

I loved Davey Jones' accent. I expected some really deep and rough voice but it was the "awesomest" Scottish accent. :D

J

jhakka

Awesome film.

I love the small links back to things mentioned in the first film. "A compass that doesn't point north" and the whole East India Trading thing. I'm sure there were others too.

And the ending, I thought, was actually quite good. Gave the film a sense of purpose, rather than just being a film made just because the first one was successful.

Want to see it again. :D

jebbie

imrad. yourerad. letshug.
HSC
mr_brightside said:
Saw it yesterday. Not bad, entertaining enough.

There IS something right at the VERY end, like after ALL the credits, its not really worth seeing it though
oh i saw it today and i liked it but didnt think there was anything at the end.. :(:(

im just sad its only coming out at the movies. seriously GAY

and also cut about that kiss :/

lala2

Banned
HSC
Well, I was confused about the storyline--took me several reads of the spoiler section of Wikipedia to get what it was on about. The three plots coupled with the exchanging of Will from one ship to another and back again made the plot very confusing for me, so that's the only criticism I have about the movie. The only thing I got out of the three men during the movie was that Norrington was wanting

Davy Jones' heart

in order to get back his job. But the humor was plenty abound--Jack falling with the fruits :rofl: the three men duelling on the wheel (initially--after a while, it wasn't so funny) and just Jack in general--what a guy!

I was so shocked when:

Elizabeth KISSED Jack! omg, omg, omg! I knew that there was potential chemistry between them even from the first movie, but actually kissing ....wow! But it made me feel kind of sorry for both Will and Jack--Will when he saw them kissing, and Jack for sacrificing himself because of a kiss.

Also highly ironic about how when Elizabeth met Will again at the Dead Man's Chest, and kissed him, both Norrington and Jack looked disappointed. Fancy a love---rectangle?!

jebbie

HSC
yeh well that mechanical heart that played the music to davy jones has got to do with something imo and the kiss was SOOOOOOOOOOOOO wrong between jack and liz
but i still loved the movie <3

tasha1188

Forever is overrated!!
HSC
i saw pirates yesterday...and i loved it

but davey jones and his crew scared me...they were so yukky

and...

that kiss at the end between jack and elizabeth was just wrong and it broke my heart when will saw them...the poor guy *big hug for will turner*

and omg that captain blackbeard or watever his name is is alive :O...i have no idea how but im glad his gonna help them find jack

and that part when that huge squid took jack and the black pearl with it was horrible...i closed my eyes the whole time...hated it

but overall great movie

jack sparrow...sorry...captain jack sparrow is sooo hot and funny when his drunk i love him...and i love will turner...such a hottie :)

jebbie

HSC
tasha1188 said:
i saw pirates yesterday...and i loved it

but davey jones and his crew scared me...they were so yukky

and...

that kiss at the end between jack and elizabeth was just wrong and it broke my heart when will saw them...the poor guy *big hug for will turner*

and omg that captain blackbeard or watever his name is is alive :O...i have no idea how but im glad his gonna help them find jack

and that part when that huge squid took jack and the black pearl with it was horrible...i closed my eyes the whole time...hated it

but overall great movie

jack sparrow...sorry...captain jack sparrow is sooo hot and funny when his drunk i love him...and i love will turner...such a hottie :)
i thought that by what was said he was brought back from the dead and thats how theyre going to help get jack back?? cos she said you'd need a captain who knew the waters to egt to where they had to get to to get jack back.

but that was just my idea i could be wrong :eek:

johnny is hot. enough said.

orlando is average but you feel for his character ebcause he is so noble but always up hurt somehow. poor kid.

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
bringing back Captain Barbarossa at the end was such a tease- but it had to be done for the third film i guess...i just hope the third and what i presume is the final film brings an end to all the elements of the movie.

but personally id like to see more of will and his father, but i somehow doubt it...

Last edited:

AntiHyper

Revered Member
HSC
I'm sure we can take on the Kraken now days, with out technology.

lol @ jack sparrow holding a sword and the karken has like hundreds of jabbing teeth that are 10 times bigger.

shadowfia

HSC
I thought the first one was awesome, well, people hold different opinions.

Did anyone notice that Jack becoming the chief is linked to the first movie, where he said to the guards in Port Royal "...then they made me their chief..." before he save Elizabeth.

I didn't really understand the second movie very much, if you really want to know why everything happened, check online.

tasha1188

Forever is overrated!!
HSC
captain barbossa thats his name hehe

Last edited:

transcendent

HSC
N/A
I think people don't get it, that's why they don't like it. The same happened with The Matrix: Revolutions.

J

jhakka

*didn't have any difficulty following the film*

It may have moved a bit quick in parts, and some of the accents were quite heavy, but it wasn't too hard.

But why were the two goofy pirates still alive? I thought they died in the first one?

*yooneek*

@UTS...I <3 Jesus
HSC
jhakka said:
*didn't have any difficulty following the film*

It may have moved a bit quick in parts, and some of the accents were quite heavy, but it wasn't too hard.

But why were the two goofy pirates still alive? I thought they died in the first one?
lol i know eh?!
i love the guy with one i
i thought the movie was good... the people i saw it with didnt...
the visuals were excellent...
i loved it when they were suspended in that giant gladiators ball over that huge gully. good stuff.

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
I enjoyed it :)
Most sessions were sold out when I went to see it. Was lucky to get tickets
stupid reserved seating. we had to sit in the front row
neck strain :eek:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)