Pizza Hut Training Shift? (1 Viewer)

Raix

HSC
My first post ahaha Well, I'm 17 and I've never had a proper job, so no experience whatsoever. I applied online for Pizza Hut and got a call the next day from the manager telling me to come to a training shift.

Can anyone tell me what to expect? He didn't say anything other than when and where ^^; Like what should I wear and what we'll be doing? I know we're gonna be learning stuff but uh...yeah. Help? ._.;

allira92

HSC
are you going in for an acutal shift or for just a meeting sort of just really the theory of it?

if its an accutal shift wear black pants and proper school shoes although i guess skate shoes would be ok for the first shift, they'll give you a shirt (usually)

what did you apply to be a driver or a kitchen hand??

Raix

HSC
Just a team member. I'm thinking of calling up to ask tomorrow. I'm not really sure. All he said was that it was a training shift. To see how things go.

allira92

HSC
Just a team member. I'm thinking of calling up to ask tomorrow. I'm not really sure. All he said was that it was a training shift. To see how things go.
ahk then, its a real shift. i had an introduction before i started but yeah black pants and closed in shoes. all you'll really be doing is following somebody around who will teach you pretty much everything, nothing to worry about, as long as you listen and give everything a go thats all they're really looking for.

its all easy so dont worry, just dont water the plant if they ask you too lol

Raix

HSC
Ah crud. I don't have black pants HAHA

Thanks for the help guys =)

allira92

HSC

then i would suggest you buy some... or a few if they're on sale...
kmart and ice have the comfiest so i've learnt

not a problem and good luck

sach1990

HSC
wow man call from the manager next day ! lucky you. ive applied for a position and i got no call at all and its been more than a week.
well good luck.

Davo1111

HSC
N/A

yeah kmart/target have super cheap black "dress" pants, they look tacky after a while, but so does your soul after working at that job.

HSC
wow man call from the manager next day ! lucky you. ive applied for a position and i got no call at all and its been more than a week.
well good luck.
Hey did you end up going into the store manager for Dominos?

Raix

HSC
well good luck.
I'm guessing they're desperate. It's only a small store and I hear the owners just had a baby so maybe they're looking for more people because of that. Man, been applying everywhere for the last year or so and this is the first time I've actually gotten a call.

yeah kmart/target have super cheap black "dress" pants, they look tacky after a while, but so does your soul after working at that job.
I can imagine ahaha But I'll take what I can get. I'm doing it for the experience. So even if I don't make it through training, at least I know how it works. xD

arcticfox

HSC
I don't work for Pizzahut, but I do work for KFC, it's owned for the same company. Basically what we did was spend 6-7 hours filling in orinetation booklets and watching this video about Yum! brands (KFC, Pizzahut, tacobell) etc. etc.. It's really boring, but we did get free food..

So be prepared to be bored :)

Raix

HSC
Had the shift today. It's just a takeaway store so nothing but the counter, fridge and kitchen. The manager's really nice and he said if it took me a while to learn it would be okay. I also explained to him I'll have some trouble doing some things (got a little bit of a disability) and he was fine with it, saying just to do what I can.
So I learned how to use the system and take orders, which is really easy ^^ Except I still get a bit confused with changing orders and putting in coupons and stuff. The customers were all really nice and patient with me too. There was one that demanded a refund cause he refused to pay for garlic sauce but I think that was about it.
Boss gave me a free pizza too for doing well. ^^; No more after that though I get discounts.

But yeah, overall it was an okay experience. The other people were in the kitchen or drivers so we didn't really talk. But yeah, it's good how everything's so simple or I would've sucked =x

arcticfox: Yeah, it gets boring when no one's around but I got told to clean or Ionno, just find anything to do. Help out the others if they need it etc. hahaha

Gonna learn to take phone calls next week. D=

sach1990

HSC
nice to hear everything went ok. but i dont get it...you didnt have an interview or anything to get the job?? how come.

Davo1111

HSC
N/A
yeah well done on it working out well :) just stay positive, do the shit they ask you to do - all good :)

also, just stay relaxed, don't get worked up over everything. Also, if your general arithmaetic is crap, keep a calculator at the front desk. It takes 3 more seconds, but easier than having an argument of why there is a till variance.

Raix

HSC
^ thanks. Yeah they do actually have a calculator there. i haven't needed to use it yet but I probably will when people come in with vouchers hahaha

nice to hear everything went ok. but i dont get it...you didnt have an interview or anything to get the job?? how come.
I'm not sure. It's a really small store and the customers are all pretty nice so I guess instead of doing an interview he just puts people into a shift to see how they handle it. Plus just doing the cashier is really easy so anyone can do it.

Last edited:

Kiim2507

HSC
I don't work for Pizzahut, but I do work for KFC, it's owned for the same company. Basically what we did was spend 6-7 hours filling in orinetation booklets and watching this video about Yum! brands (KFC, Pizzahut, tacobell) etc. etc.. It's really boring, but we did get free food..

So be prepared to be bored :)
Lol how funny is that video.
Btw were you "fortunate" enough to do the champs cheer?
Hahaha
And I didn't get free food :(
Actually I did lol lollies and a can of pepsi

allira92

HSC
Lol how funny is that video.
Btw were you "fortunate" enough to do the champs cheer?
Hahaha
And I didn't get free food :(
Actually I did lol lollies and a can of pepsi
when i had my orientation, there was 'Unfortunaely' a problem with the 50 y/o tv we have at work so we werent able to watch it... so sad... jk

Yeah, it gets boring when no one's around but I got told to clean or Ionno, just find anything to do. Help out the others if they need it etc. hahaha
ha i wish my store were every that quiet it became boring... i hate being dine in

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)