Placebo (1 Viewer)

Born2baplacebo

Get Behind Me Satan
HSC
Anyone like this band? I love this band and have been in love with Brian Molko for about a year now.

Did you know?
    • An X-rated video was shot for the song "Protège Moi" but was only released in France along with a magazine of screen shots. It wasn't released anywhere else due to its explicit nature, but can be viewed here.
    • The band's music features prominently in the South Korean film Tell Me Something, about a serial killer. The killer videotapes his crimes and at one point holds a copy of Without You, I'm Nothing up to the camera before killing his victim.
    • Brian Molko used to play harmonica and banjo in a blues bar.
    • The guitar solo from the song Taste in Men has been occasionally replaced with a saxophone solo as seen in the MCM Cafe Bootleg.
    • The bassline which introduces Taste in Men bears a striking resemblance to that of Pink Floyd's Let There Be More Light.
    • One of the B-sides to Pure Morning, called Mars Landing Party is sung in French and is the line "embrasse moi, mets ton doigt dans mon cul" repeatedly, translated into English as "kiss me, stick your finger up my arse."
    • Placebo's cover of Kate Bush's "Running Up That Hill" was on the season premier of the 4th season of The O.C and on the episode "Judas On a Pole" on Fox hit show Bones.
    • The band's song "Every You Every Me" was the opening song in the 1999 hit teen movie Cruel Intentions.[5] It was also on the soundtrack to the EA Sports Playstation game F1 2000[6]
    • Several Placebo songs have been featured in the popular drama Queer as Folk
    • According to fan site sucker-love.com, Molko has a title for a new Placebo album; however, he has not revealed the title and claims that there are no prepared songs.
    • The April 17th, 2007 Placebo show in Omaha, Nebraska was canceled, after front man Brian Molko was rushed to the emergency room after fighting flu symptoms for a number of days.
    • The backing loop which runs throughout Pure Morning was created by accident in the studio while working on the album Without You I'm Nothing
    • Steve Hewitt's face in Nancy Boy video is blurred because he was still contractually obligated to another band. This is also Steve's first appearance in the band after the departure of old drummer Robert Schultzberg.
    • The song Commercial For Levi is dedicated to their sound technician Levi, who saved Brian's life. (Brian was drunk, about to cross the road and Levi pulled him back from an approaching car.)
    • Brian named his son Cody after a friend, who died in a car accident.
    • Brian is a big fan of Star Trek.
    • Stefan is gay, didn't come out until the they started the band.
    • Steve has wanted to be a drummer in a band since he was 13.

My fav songs include:
>Every Me Every You
> Pure Morning
> Infra-red
> Follow the Cops Back Home
> Special K
> Protege Moi

G

Gavvvvvin

Protege Moi
Special Needs
English Summer Rain

I was supposed to see them last time they came out but I forgot to go I had a ticket and all :rofl:

cccclaire

HSC
I have two of their albums.
Meds and
Once more with feeling.
Their lyrics are so repetitive, but the songs are really good.

I'd love to see them live, can't remember why I didn't see them last time they came =/

bshoc

HSC
N/A
The bitter end is the only song of theirs I can take, most of their stuff is pretty simple in musical terms, and the singer is pretty whiny, its like listening to a camp gay sing for an hour, not cool.

Gilbert1

Humoures Pun
HSC
I like Placebo, but I can't listen to them too much.

Fav songs:
-Bulletproof Cupid (one of my all time fav songs)
-Taste in Men
-Pure Morning

Crestwood's_G

In Elegance
HSC
placebo are fucking awesome;

fave songs:

- infra-red
- every you, every me
- one of a kind
- special needs
- the bitter end
- post blue

meds is a 5/5 album

0Jade0

HSC
Favourite band ever.

Songs:
-Twenty years
-Second Sight
-Because I want you
-Teenage Angst

-Brian looks much better with this hair. He's a bit, mah. Doesn't interest me much. Steve is a different story.

Crestwood's_G

In Elegance
HSC
0Jade0 said:
Favourite band ever.

Songs:
-Twenty years
-Second Sight
-Because I want you
-Teenage Angst

-Brian looks much better with this hair. He's a bit, mah. Doesn't interest me much. Steve is a different story.
your neuman quote under your name is highlarious

Adam

HSC
I really like them, but their show last year was really average.

Born2baplacebo

Get Behind Me Satan
HSC
0Jade0 said:
Favourite band ever.

Good Songs:
-Twenty years
-Because I want you
-Teenage Angst

So totally agree. But I love Brian no matter what.

Sarah182

Herpes Member
HSC
Their first album was best
my favs are:
36 degrees (although no-one ever understands why)
Teenage angst
and Infra-red

Brian is an awesome musician, i really look up to him

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)