places to buy mobiles outright (1 Viewer)

n2o_lonewolf74

HSC
playboy2njoy said:
Just buy a normal Nokia pre-paid and ill get you the unlock code for free. Its well known that any nokia colour screen can be unlocked (except three phones) for free.
can you possibly get an unlock code for a 6610i currently locked to optus ?
cheers buddy :)

n2o_lonewolf74

HSC
Sarah168 said:
by logic, it shoudlnt really lock til you register but i guess i am a little paranoid at some crazy idea that the phone is locked before it is even packaged. but that really seems unlikely cos the phone is in pieces before you assemble it
i do believe some carriers i.e optus do lock the phones before you even put the sim in

CalGuy22

HSC
i just finally got a mobile -- off ebay actually -- and i've been doing a lot of text messaging. i was so annoyed with it, spending so much time spelling out each letter, until i found out about this T9 function -- www.textfast.t9.com. you know about this? it spells out your words for you -- so much quicker.

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
locking should be there from the moment u bought it... like its pre-programmed.

actualli.. try it with a telstra fone cos u might be surprised..

i recall tat virgin actualli uses optus network so their network codes may be the same
also
there are shops that hook up with the cable and can unlock them.. for about 20-50 dollars.. in the city :).. 3 Phones as well..

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
CalGuy22 said:
i just finally got a mobile -- off ebay actually -- and i've been doing a lot of text messaging. i was so annoyed with it, spending so much time spelling out each letter, until i found out about this T9 function -- www.textfast.t9.com. you know about this? it spells out your words for you -- so much quicker.
i didn't know they had a site about it? i have had a mobile for around 5 years and i have never spelled out my words the other way ;)

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Give the kid a break, he just got his first mobile, and obviously wouldn't know about predictive text

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)