hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
all.time.fiend said:
Name: Hurricanes

Price: not sure exactly but its expensive

Reservation: YES

Description: Steak, ribs, chicken, seafood, vegetarian etc. great food and you get lots of it.
<3 the ribs - the best i've had. Prices are about $30+ for the main meal, but it's well worth your money.

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
Thought I'd add some of the places I've been to recently.

Restaurant Name: Hurricane’s Grill
Price: Reasonable for what you get…but expensive for students; entrees $15-30; main meals $25-60
Reservation Required? Most definitely
Description: Very busy, very loud. Young crowd so it’s vibrant and hip. Had a 7:30pm booking, but we couldn’t get in till 8pm, so be warned for slow service. But great waiters/waitresses

Restaurant Name: Sapore (Italian)
Price: reasonable; pastas are $15-20, mains (meats etc) are $18-25
Reservation Required? Nope. But don’t expect to get a seat on a Friday/Saturday night at prime time (ie. 7pm)
Description: Great for late night coffees, the atmosphere is young. Awesome, awesome, AWESOME desserts.

Restaurant Name: Reginaldo’s (Italian)
Price: incredibly cheap; most pastas don’t hit the $16 mark, and pizzas come in a range of sizes – largest is only $17 approx.
Reservation Required? No
Description: It can get quite noisy if there’s a lot of people. It’s a family place. However, go there late at night, and it’s dead. The lighting is low and so very romantic! Family run business, so everyone is very nice. They sell Nutella Pizza! It’s only $13! Perfect dessert!

Restaurant Name: Kafenes (Greek)
Price: It’s decent. As a uni student, I wouldn’t go there every night. Entrees are $6 to $15; Mains are all $18 and above
Reservation required? Yes!
Description: Everything about the place shouts Greek! It’s really fantastic. The food was absolutely delicious – pricey, but like I said, not somewhere you’d go every day, but definitely go for a special occasion. My boyfriend and I paid $80 for 2 entrees and 2 mains. Well worth it – the platter sizes were MASSIVE! The greek dips and pita bread was to die for. However, it’s really small, and gets VERY loud. Not ideal for a romantic dinner lol

My favourite part was going to the toilet - no joke. When you walk out the back, it's like walking into a Greek home complete with umbrella stand, pictures of Greece and soccer teams on the wall, Greek newspapers and a Tavli (greek game) board

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
grk_styl, nutella pizza? Howd that work out, cause the image im getting aint the greatest.

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
it's every chocolate lovers DREAM.

pizza base (woodfired), nutella spread across the top, starting to melt as the pizza base is hot....ooooozing with chocolate! Some places put ice-cream and bananas on top - doubly orgasmic.

Just whatever you do - don't knock it till you try it!

SipSip

HSC
N/A
Restaurant Name: Becasse (French)
Price: 150-170
Reservation Required?: Most likely
Description: Best restaurant...love going there. 7-8 course meal

I'm thinking for prices, total cost of an entree+meal (no dessert) for 1 person

$00 - $20 Cheap
$20 - $40 Reasonable
$40 - $60 Expensive
$60+ VERY EXPENSIVE

Muki89

HSC
Restaurant Name: Menya (Japanese)
Price: $3.90 - $12.90
Reservation Required?: No but it gets crowded very quickly
Description: Great ramen/udon/soba aka noodles. Cheap, quick and friendly service. Food is great and there's a plenty of choice. Very student and family friendly.

Went there with my family last Sunday, about $50 for the 5 of us. We all got a bowl of noodles each, some starters (Takoyaki, Gyoza) drinks and extras (extra pork). YUM :D

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
Chocolate and pizza that's just fucked up and gross. :mad1:

Restaurant Name: KENTUCKY FRIEEED CHICCCCKEEN
Price: $10
Reservation Required?: Fuck no. It's Fast food.
Description: FUCKEN AWESOME

Pokute-san

≧∀≦
HSC
My friend (Internatinal student from Japan) mentioned that there is an omurice restaurant in Broadway at the price of $12, which is quite expensive since I (Local student) usually spend $10 and less for lunch. The restaurant is somewhere in "Broadway". But where (exactly) is Broadway? Near Townhall?

rozymisty

HSC
scarybunny said:
If you want fancy buffet go to Centrepoint. The price is $45, though, and drinks are expensive. The range is preeety big, though, and the restaurant revolves so the splendid view is really what you're paying for.

I went there for dinner with my friend when I went there in 2005. It was only another $35 or so more than just going to the observation deck, and we wanted to have a dinner out, so we just decided to go to the buffet. It was so yummy. THough if you want to feel full you have to up a few times, coz the plates are smallish. Seafood is so nice. Dessert is really nice. Only problem is that you really have to remember where your seat was czo you can easily forget where you were coz if its busy it takes a while to serve yourself adn then find your seat.

kaylz

HSC
Lizakith said:
I know everyone's like "There's awesome food in Newtown" But could anyone recommend some specific places?
ok I think I've done every restaurant along King St. I'm not even going to start on Thai or Indian -- there are just so many of them, and they're all fairly standard... That said, Delhi O-Delhi on the corner of Erskineville Road is nice. Think they're closing soon, though. And for Thai? There's one further up King St which is good, but the name escapes me. As I've said, they're all fairly standard. Here are a couple of standouts (for one reason or another, for me):
Rubyos is good, food and ambiance are nice.
Wedgetail is good for its price range -- does woodfired pizzas, decent pastas and salads etc.
Oscillate wildly is a wankfest -- tiny dishes, overpriced, cramped.
Peasant's feast organics is nice, but not for an "occasion" type meal.
Kilimanjaro (east african) is fun for a change.
If you're willing to go down enmore road, La Ricetta is really nice. Numbers are an indicator of quality -- you'll get a decent idea of what's what when you're there.

kaylz

HSC
thai pothong is too fast for my liking. you order and poof - it's there. they must pre make stuff. i don't think their food is good, and the place itself is godawful.

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
Lizakith said:
I know everyone's like "There's awesome food in Newtown" But could anyone recommend some specific places?
I don't eat in Newtown often but I heard that there's great Thai food there if you're into the spicy, oriental stuff.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)