• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Places to eat! (2 Viewers)

shelley

trouble maker
HSC
haha manning tends to be ok everytime ive been there honestly, uve gotta understand they dont really cater for anyone till uni starts in full swig, most arts people eat at manning, occasionally on 4th floor wentworth, but most bring lunch and sit on front lawns!

mainly we use manning as nice place to waste in a large group 2-3 hours when we dont have alot of assesssments on...its good fun!

transcendent

HSC
N/A
I go Manning often for the breakfast meal! 2 pieces of toast, 2 eggs, bacon and your choice of either hash brown!/sausage/tomatoes/baked beans ( obviously hash brown ) and a hot drink ( tea/coffee/hot chocolate! ) for $5.20! it's gorgeous! *drools

Lainee

HSC
transcendent said:
I go Manning often for the breakfast meal! 2 pieces of toast, 2 eggs, bacon and your choice of either hash brown!/sausage/tomatoes/baked beans ( obviously hash brown ) and a hot drink ( tea/coffee/hot chocolate! ) for $5.20! it's gorgeous! *drools
Mmm... fattening... :p

I just looked at the UTS thread on food, and I think I might be able to steal some of their ideas. :) Seeing that the two unis are close-ish and all.

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
Lainee said:
Mmm... fattening... :p

I just looked at the UTS thread on food, and I think I might be able to steal some of their ideas. :) Seeing that the two unis are close-ish and all.
care to share the experience?? ^^

oh btw, NEVER go to any where else for chips and chicken schniztle other than went worth lvl4... they gave more chips than any where else around campus...

oh btw, the union provides free:
eatin utensils, (spork), pepper, salt, tomato sauce, sweet chillie sauce, vingar, soy sauce, tissue paper etc... so yeh, u dun even have to brin the flavoured food... i usually (if i am runnin late) get soem rice, a can of tuna, some left over veggie in a box, then at uni i microwave them and add salt + pepper... gold ^^

Generator

HSC
N/A
Hahaha I have tried the tuna, pasta or rice and left-over salad lunch before... It's a good idea, but a mate of mine preferred the thermos and two to three instant rice packets a day approach.

Generator

HSC
N/A
Manning, Wentworth and Holme all have a health/vegetarian bar of sorts... You will not starve if you do not eat meat yet wish to buy your lunch.

transcendent

HSC
N/A
there are $4 union special vegetarian alternatives. sometimes when the real food doesn't seem appealing i once tried it cause it wasn't a bad alternative. other then that one time anything without meat in it i wouldn't have bothered. some of the vegetarian stuff sounds enticing though rarely, at least for me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)