Plagerism!! (1 Viewer)

freakinout

has anyone ever heard of someone getting caught for plagerism in the HSC or is that impossible because we dont actually take notes into the exam room?.... because if u think about it someone could just steal myy essay and memorise it!! AAURGH! wut do u guys thinks?

pete_mate

HSC
there is no such thing as plagiarism in an exam, you learn it, you own it.

danieljarvis

HSC
im not sure if thats true....

but i have never heard of people being caught.. most probably because no-body is either
a) stupid enough to copy an entire essay word for word
b) smart enough to copy an entire essay word for word!

Steven88

HSC
N/A
I dont think you can...because my teacher is an HSC english marker and he said that once he was makring and read the same introduction 20 times..i think their techer rote a really good intro and they all leant it....but i heared it does turn the markers off... but i dont knw

c0jo

HSC
ok my teacher, a senior english marker said that there have been times when he has come across 10 essays almost exactly word for word. he complained to the marker in charge, and the response he got was "mark for merit"- i.e, if they hit the criteria, give them the mark.

so basically, u will NOT get punished for having the same essay. also, its like impossible to prove who cheated, when more than 1 essay is the same.

7th Sign

HSC
this teacher at my school toldl the kids to go and steal some one elses creative writing response and use it for the hsc lols

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
pete_mate said:
there is no such thing as plagiarism in an exam, you learn it, you own it.
sif..."adapting" someones creative writing is plagiarism

HSC
danieljarvis said:
im not sure if thats true....

but i have never heard of people being caught.. most probably because no-body is either
a) stupid enough to copy an entire essay word for word
b) smart enough to copy an entire essay word for word!
totally agree - if they can remember and rewrite the whole essay word for word, then congrads. - but that's really hard to do

another problem is that it probably won't answer the question - what's the question for it you can just copy last year's? It's testing on your adaptive ability as well as writing for the criteria

Most people would probably use bits and pieces that are similar anyway, and considering the fact that the markers check gillizions of paper daily, of coz he'd get bored.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)