• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Plan for year 12 (2 Viewers)

vorahk

HSC
true but if its working for whoever does that (i havent read all the posts) then its great for that person.

oh and all this planning stuff... they never work out thast good do they? especially for guys. girls might be able to stick to it better...

ive tried the timetable method.. never worked. but yeah i know its really my fault for my own doings.

Agywaggy

HSC
I, on life could not keep to a timetable, i made on like 4 months ago and it has never worked. I can't keep to a timetable, its like impossible for me to keep to it.

If i had to stay in the library any longer than 2 hrs i think i'll drive myself completely insane. Well first of all its too quite and i know thats meant to be a good thing to get more work done, but it just won't work with me.

I always say every year, since like yr 8 i'll do better next year, i'll study harder, do my assignments early, do my homework and watever. but still 4 years on i'm still telling myself that. I don't know I don't think i'm a plan type of girl i just go with the flow. I know what i want to do later on in life but it just does not feel right at the moment to be thinking about it. I just go with the flow.

zizou10-5

HSC
this is me-1 hr of study- oh man i'm tired- lets buy an ice cream
-20 mins study- sleep 10 mins
1 hr study- listen to da radio n get a kebab.
LOL too mcuh distractions

IceOnFire

HSC
zizou10-5 said:
this is me-1 hr of study- oh man i'm tired- lets buy an ice cream
-20 mins study- sleep 10 mins
1 hr study- listen to da radio n get a kebab.
LOL too mcuh distractions
HAHAHAHA!! a kebab?? that's so random.. lolz

smurkie

HSC
What is a good study plan? The school recommends 2hours study a day after homework but I find that I just can't do that. Is that a reasonable though? How many hours should i study on the weekend when there is no school? Should that be more than weekdays?

fishy89sg

HSC
i had a study plan which i thre out of the window lol (not literally)

that was my only study plan lol

for the moment

Niksta123

HSC
you can try your plan, but i think you will get very run down and sick of it by week 2...what about having a life aside from school! what about playing sport to let out the stress and just to enjoy life as well, and hanging out with friends, spending time with the family etc...you shouldnt make school dominate your life! i mean most ppls goal for year 12 is to get top marks in all assessables and then get a really gr8 UAI, which is definately wat i wanna achieve, but i have discovered that cutting out all my sport at the beginning of year 11 to cope with the extra work load just made me really down and I wasnt feeling as good as i would be if i was doing sport, so i picked up sport in term 2 and i was back on top of things..

i find if i have more things on during the week, i learn to manage my time and plan to do school work, study, assignments around my extra curricular things and i still get gr8 marks, and i am able to have a social life and sporting enjoyment!

unless you want to totally commit your life to school work and study and isolate yourself from friends, family and other activities i suggest you make another plan to the one you have!

but this is only my opinion, you may have plenty of other valid reasons why you have chosen to work your day like that! i wish you luck! :)

HSC
i can't keep to study plans... when im ment to study i dont want to and wen i try to force my self to i give up really quickly. A teacher reccommended about 15 mins per subject every arvo. As exams approach do more study.

HSC
sif, 4 hours of study every night, man no one does that

u will neva be able to stick to that plan, i'm telling u now

u will get very tired with it

all work and no play make jonny a very dull boy

its important to maintain a balance of study and leisure in ur life, yeh itsn good to study, but after a while, u need a break, not just a 10-20 minute break, but if ur gna study hardcore 4 hours non stop for like a week, u need a few days cool of period. besides, there's no point trying to force feed ur brain knowledge cos u will get really bored, i'm telling u now

princy

HSC
You will get very sick of studying four hours a night every night. Although this is coming from someone who hardly does any study and is ranked between 1st and 5th in every course she is doing.

Plans for year 12? Drop General Maths, pick up Extension 2 English and Extension History, and start all three of my major works over the christmas holidays.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)