planning exam answers (1 Viewer)

-pari-

HSC
N/A
i've heard people work backwards in the 2u exam, because it's so incredibly exhausting. i practiced my first maths paper today and got to Q6 before i got tired.

so is it adviseable to work backwards?

also - if i work forwards, from 1 to 10, approximately how long should i spend on Q1-6, then Q7-10?

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
It's not always finishing it all that matters, it's the quality that counts.
All Q's are 12 marks in total.
You probably don't have to do it in Maths but in Maths Ext.1 & 2 you'll have to learn to skip questions and do the easier ones first.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
it says that you should start from the beginning as the questions are relatively easy, which would give you more confidence as you tackle the harder questions (ie question 8 onwards).
You should leave an hr and a half for question 1-6 and the remaining time for q7-10 and checking through to make sure theres no silly mistakes etc.

HSC
generally speaking, the exam is set so you WILL do it in order. as has been said fly through the first 6/7 questions in the first half of the exam and spend the rest on the last few questions.

petro283

USYD '10
HSC
Our Teacher said you should time yourself, and you should keep practicing for an aim to do Questions 1 and 2 in about 5-10 mins (each). Question 1 is usually a calculator based question, so with enough practice you should be at least getting 100% for the first question.

bos1234

HSC
believe me.. u wont be tired in the test when the pressure is on!!!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)