Plater Clocked at Insane speed!!! (1 Viewer)

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
almost all cars will beat that outdated highway code, that is meaningless. Average human reaction time is nearly half a second from recognizing hazard to braking. And with regard to what I said about a roo before: a roo at 140 km/h will write-off your car, unless you have a bullbar. Probably end up with whiplash too, let alone whatever happens after you get an airbag in the face.

HSC
almost all cars will beat that outdated highway code, that is meaningless. Average human reaction time is nearly half a second from recognizing hazard to braking. And with regard to what I said about a roo before: a roo at 140 km/h will write-off your car, unless you have a bullbar. Probably end up with whiplash too, let alone whatever happens after you get an airbag in the face.
roo-bar*

Ritard_

Banned
HSC
roo bar will not protect your car in a 50km/h collision
a bull bar will not protect your car at a 90km/h collision
a 5 poster steel bull bar might but your mounting brackets will be fucked
hitting a roo at above 100km/h pretty much gurantees your car will be a write off

aussie-boy

HSC
incredibly good sources, well done

RTA statistics prove otherwise

AUSTROADS statistics prove otherwise

also lol at your first source

"Meanwhile, there's still debate on the Northern Territory's experiment with speed limits. In 2007 the territory's government decided to place a 130km/h limit on four major highways that had previously been limit-free – the Stuart, Arnhem, Barkly and Victoria.

In the first two years of the 130km/h limit, the territory's toll leapt alarmingly above the last of the open-slather years, from 35 deaths in 2004, 55 in 2005 and 44 in 2006 to 57 in 2007 followed by a tragic jump last year to 75 fatalities – the worst for 21 years"

yes

excellent
I don't get your point...
They lowered the speed limit, and the death toll rose
How is this supporting your POV?

And I'd love to see some proper RTA stats
(proper = impacts of experimental speed limit changes... not conclusions drawn from the behaviour of the kind of people who are willing to 'speed' regardless of the law)

Last edited:

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
I don't get your point...
They lowered the speed limit, and the death toll rose
How is this supporting your POV?

And I'd love to see some proper RTA stats
(proper = impacts of experimental speed limit changes... not conclusions drawn from the behaviour of the kind of people who are willing to 'speed' regardless of the law)

No limits effectively means drivers are allowed to drive at a comfortable speed?

Being made to drive 130km/h would throw people use to doing 80km/h in the deep end?

I unno, i just want L/P platers to be able to merge onto highways at safe speeds.

hosay

HSC
N/A
Acceleration is much more important imo, i would be happy having a limited speed of say 150, provided my car could reach 150 in under 5s

PH011

HSC
Hey Ritard, if you're a road engineer how come your profile says HSC: 2013?
A year 9 road engineer?

PH011

HSC
Unsucessful troll is unsucessful
Unless you were so dumb as to repeat a year, you have ZERO driving experience.

Ritard_

Banned
HSC
hehe amazing how a 14yr old knows more about the issue than you though
or anyone else in this thread
hehe

PH011

HSC
yes you are absolutely correct. How foolish was I to think that people with real driving experience had more driving knowledge than a 14 year old keyboard warrior/troll.
I'm so sorry. Please forgive my foolishness and ignorance.

thongetsu

Where aren't I?
HSC
it's docuhebags like this that make driving laws tougher ! >=O

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
yes you are absolutely correct. How foolish was I to think that people with real driving experience had more driving knowledge than a 14 year old keyboard warrior/troll.
I'm so sorry. Please forgive my foolishness and ignorance.
Yes, he is a troll. He also has other accounts I presume.

Think before typing dude. He may not actually be 14, HSC 2013... People put up what they want.

Key word = Think.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)