Platos Republic+??? (1 Viewer)

Matt1120

Basically a History Nerd
HSC
Ok, I've chosen one of my support texts for im journey, i'm using book 9 from Platos republic, that sthe cave story, I need another spport text, I'm hoping to relate it to the book i have but not use the matrix. Has anyone got any ideas on what to use, is anyone using the same text as me as well?
:read:

nymphae

HSC
Uni Grad
We've been specifically told that if we use any part of Plato's Republic, my English teacher will personally slaughter us.

But if you're into the classics, try Virgil's Aeneid, Book VI [[Aeneas' journey to the underworld]]. That's one of my texts, along with Pleasantville, The Tempest and Labyrinth (1986).

Alternately, my brother (who's an English teacher) thinks that The Odyssey/Illiad are relatively simple journeys texts.

Hatta

HSC
Erg... to use Plato's Republic, you'd have to look at more than book nine, too, because it's midway through the "imaginative journies" in the text.

It'd be better used for Brave New World, which is what i'm using it for, even though my English teacher said Plato's Republic is pretty much the antithesis of BNW, I argued it and convinced her.

kirstali

HSC
i'm using book 9 and im currently having difficulty comparing it to coleridge...
help!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)