playing First person shooter with mates! (1 Viewer)

trashman308

HSC
im getting battlefied 2 illegally and i know i cant play it online because of my cd key, but will it still work by LAN? (connected by router with ethernet cables with 2 or more computers).BUT will it also work if i install the game at my mates house and play each other with ip address match?

if we cant.....can you games recommend any games? ive played UT2004 by LAN long long time ago

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
a) Piracy is bad.

b) LAN's shouldn't be a problem if you play it locally. If you're playing it online, you may run into problems (since most games have checks for CD-Keys these days). Also there might be issues with port-forwarding etc regarding your router.

dood09

Frontier Psychiatrist ☻
HSC
N/A
AsyLum said:
a) Piracy is awesome.

b) LAN's shouldn't be a problem if you play it locally. If you're playing it online, you may run into problems (since most games have checks for CD-Keys these days). Also there might be issues with port-forwarding etc regarding your router.
fixed.

you can always play halo (pirated) online.

OR

halo trial. (1 map) but still fun.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
AsyLum said:
If you plan on playing online in a server just for you and your friends, try a network emulator like Hamachi to avoid those problems.

trashman308

HSC
jumb said:
If you plan on playing online in a server just for you and your friends, try a network emulator like Hamachi to avoid those problems.
how about if i want to play my mate thats at his house and im at mine. Would plugging my ip address into his computer game server work? ive played AOM like that and it worked!

Blazamane

Banned
HSC
AsyLum said:
a) Smoking is bad.

Fixed

Mongoosedog

HSC
AsyLum said:
a) Pirates are bad.

ARRRGH!!

Jantemplar

Killed The Internet
HSC
Therem are ways to play online with an illegal cd key.

Unfourtuanalty if you cannot find it yourself then your looking in the wrong places.

Anyway using illegal cd keys is wrong.

Sorry if i do offend anyone but im a PB admin and do not tollarate hacking or illegal use of a game.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)