playing it straight (1 Viewer)

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
Does anyone else watch it, I watched the first show cos I was procrastinating about writing an essay, and now I'm hooked. So far the guys ive picked to be gay turned out to be gay, and now I am backing cambell to be gay..

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
i hate shows that do nothing but reinforce negative stereotypes of gays. ie queer eye, its all relative. this is just another one and it's fucking disgusting. i don't know how you can watch this shit.

Tuna

HSC
N/A
The girl doesn't even look good and all the guys look gay to me

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
yes glycerine you are right, it completely reinforces negative stereotypes of gay people (in playing straight, gay people are implied to be lying, deceiving, shifty cunts)

..although i watch this show because someone in my class is in it, he's ben.

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
yeah the girl is very plain looking, and so very fucking fake and pretentious. she cries every three seconds over nothing, and always gets really 'emotional'. it's a tv show ffs. she is playing for money, as if emotions have anything to do with it.

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
the guy glenn was also nice because he left the show of his own accord because he couldn't keep pretending and deceiving like the rest of the cunts. although that could all have been just for show.

and because i know ben in real life i'll say he is a nice guy, because he is.

and you're right, it's not that black and white for most people.

Lundy

Banned
HSC
what's the bet that if they do a version with lesbians it would be the "best show ever"

mack

Banned
HSC
I hate this show. It does nothing except to indoctrinate the idea that all gay men are glitzy and flamboyant. Someone should drive a car bomb intop the headquarters of Channel 7.

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
I like the show its different...I think Campbell and that guy who spent the night in her tent last wk are both gay...
Its hard to tell...I think all the guys are pretty boring..

Annegelic

Taper jean girl
HSC
A couple guys spent the night in her tent ? Which ones ?

I think the easiest way for her to find out who's gay n who's not is to pash them all one by one. A gay guy could not kiss a chik good if he wasn't into her....

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
mack said:
I hate this show. It does nothing except to indoctrinate the idea that all gay men are glitzy and flamboyant. Someone should drive a car bomb intop the headquarters of Channel 7.
exactly.

and no sam, if it was with lesbians i would still dislike it, although there is much less blatant stereotyping of lesbians in popular culture. there's no such show as dyke eye for the straight chick, mm?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)