• I used to play but I don't anymore

Votes: 81 28.0%
  • No, but I wish I could

Votes: 56 19.4%

• Total voters

Futureunswmedstudent

HSC
How many of you play the piano?

Were you forced like your parents (like I was)?

Do you still play?

I was forced to play, like most Asian kids, when I was in primary school. After that, I sort of liked it, but I kinda went off it cos I hated practising songs I didn't really like. I quit in year 10, I felt a bit bad though...

But now I'm getting back into it. I play mostly modern stuff though, cos it's a bit hard to learn how to play classical music without a teacher. E.g., I tried to learn how to play "Moonlight Sonata", but I can't get it right.

I use music as a stress relieve now...

Anyone else?
I was forced to play. Hated it. Quit. Ragrets.
Anyone feel my pain

Leaf

HSC
Yeah, I was forced into it too. Asian life, man :,) I hate playing the same songs over and over again for like a year :/ Taking 8th grade in a few months though!!

HSC
Yeah, I was forced into it too. Asian life, man :,) I hate playing the same songs over and over again for like a year :/ Taking 8th grade in a few months though!!
Another Asian forced to play the piano here.

Luckily my mum let me quit this year. Finally! Probably the best decision she's ever made.

leehuan

HSC
Anyone ever hear about this weird thing? For some reason these days when I play the piano my right pinky is tense by itself and always curls up unnecessarily. Not sure if anyone has tips on freeing it up or something..

BandSixFix

Disillusioned
HSC
Anyone ever hear about this weird thing? For some reason these days when I play the piano my right pinky is tense by itself and always curls up unnecessarily. Not sure if anyone has tips on freeing it up or something..
That happens to me when I type

Orwell

HSC
Playing the piano is a dream of mine, however, I hear in order to prosper you have to have started at a young age. At 16, I doubt I can get good or anything like that. Plus, it's like $50 a lesson.

BandSixFix

Disillusioned
HSC
Playing the piano is a dream of mine, however, I hear in order to prosper you have to have started at a young age. At 16, I doubt I can get good or anything like that. Plus, it's like $50 a lesson.
Self learn

mango66

HSC
Same as OP, got forced into lessons by my parents when I was 9 and hated it, convinced them to let me quit after a year and now I regret it. (rip)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)