Please Explain this (1 Viewer)

school4me

HSC
N/A
hi

I was just reading the post on scaling and come across this

These examples I have given are of pretty simple cases, and when more students are in a class and/or when a student performs very poorly in comparison with their Assessment ranking, other rules can come in to play, so students are not disadvantaged by the process. However, the examples should give you a good understanding of how moderation generally works and why it is used.

Say if someone goes very poorly/excellent in assesment, but goes excellent/poorly in external exam, what is done here. And i place emphasis on the word very. What are these other rules that come into play?
Thanks

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
If the person performs very unusually poor in the external exam, he/she may be omitted from the moderation process.

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
Ragerunner said:
If the person performs very unusually poor in the external exam, he/she may be omitted from the moderation process.
My tutor is a HSC marker and he said that in such cases they would recheck and remark the external exam to make sure it wasn't a mistake. If there was no mistake then the moderation process continues as normal and the difference between the HSC exam and school mark would be very high.

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Ragerunner was pointing out that the anomalous student may be omitted from the moderating process as it applies to other students.

You obviously don't want anyone else being unfairly pulled down etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)