PLEASE HELP! Combined Law at USYD via Broadway Scheme? (1 Viewer)

HLS

HSC
N/A
Hi,

So apparently the cutoff for combined law was 97.5 via the broadway scheme. Does this mean that everyone who was eligible for EAS only had to get 97.5 or above to get into combined law?

PS: Am I eligible if my parents receive the Family Tax Benefit A?

Would love to do combined law at USYD but I'm not crazy enough to hope for a 99.5.

EarthSci34

Good grief.
HSC
Hey HLS,

I'm a Student Ambassador for the University of Sydney and just attended a law promotion seminar recently. Due to the strong demand of law, realistically even with the Broadway Scheme you are looking at 98+.

For your second question, I'm not too sure, but it may count as grounds for financial disadvantage which is definitely covered by the Broadway Scheme. More than that, if you go to a low SES School identified by DET, then you gain automatic entry into the scheme. :D

If you have more questions about USYD law, please don't hesitate to shoot through a PM :) best of luck!

HLS

HSC
N/A
Hey HLS,

I'm a Student Ambassador for the University of Sydney and just attended a law promotion seminar recently. Due to the strong demand of law, realistically even with the Broadway Scheme you are looking at 98+.

For your second question, I'm not too sure, but it may count as grounds for financial disadvantage which is definitely covered by the Broadway Scheme. More than that, if you go to a low SES School identified by DET, then you gain automatic entry into the scheme. :D

If you have more questions about USYD law, please don't hesitate to shoot through a PM :) best of luck!
Wait... But the cut-off the publish on their website is 97.5? I thought ATAR cutoffs don't tend to change too much from one year to the next?

When you say I'm "looking at 98+", how high are we talking here? Low 98's or High 98's?

I don't go to a low SES school.

The EAS booklet for 2015 - 2016 has FO1D under the financial hardship umbrella that is basically for students with "parent/s or guardian/s received Family Tax Benefit Part A during Year 11 and/or Year 12 or equivalent." So does that mean that if I apply for EAS consideration and y'know get my application approved (lol, don't know the terminology, soz), and get an atar above the broadway cutoff, I can get into combined law? Or is it the sort of thing that's like the whole bonus points system unsw has where like some kids get more bonus points (so don't need as high an ATAR) while other kids get very few if any. Wanna know what my chances of combined law are and I'm sorta trying to figure out whether or not I'd get EAS consideration/be eligible for the Broadway scheme...

Amleops

Perpetual Student
HSC
You're not doing yourself any favours by worrying about something you can't control.

Just apply for the Broadway scheme and put Combined Law in your preferences, and if you don't get in then do a JD once you have finished your first degree.

clementinez

HSC
N/A
The Broadway Scheme cut-off changes slightly every year. To be safe you should aim for a 98 (low 98 should be ok) Usually the cutoff is just below 98. Don't stress, if you don't get in you can always transfer or go for a JD once you complete your undergrad. Also don't forget to apply to UNSW because their access scheme gives more bonus points than USYD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)