Please help: Generally, how well do different subjects scale? (1 Viewer)

nicole21290

HSC
Hi. I understand that scaling differs year to year but I hear often that 'so and so a subject doesn't scale well'. For example, I have been told that subjects like Food Tech don't scale particularly well. I was wondering whether someone could please give me an idea of how well my subjects scale individually just on a very basic scale. For example ' such and such a subject scales terribly while this one usually doesn't usually change much.'

I am doing English (Advanced), Mathematics, Biology, Ancient History, Modern History and Studies Of Religion.

Thankyou very much in advance. I would really appreciate any feedback.

P

pLuvia

English Adv is alright scaling pretty average
Mathematics good scaling (if you do well)
Biology a bit above average
Ancient History around Biology I think, pretty decent
Modern History around the same
SOR a bit below average

But if you do well scaling won't affect you too much, and your subjects are pretty average scalers

nichhhole

asndihsCfuckingansbdiuahd
HSC
nicole21290 said:
Hi. I understand that scaling differs year to year but I hear often that 'so and so a subject doesn't scale well'. For example, I have been told that subjects like Food Tech don't scale particularly well. I was wondering whether someone could please give me an idea of how well my subjects scale individually just on a very basic scale. For example ' such and such a subject scales terribly while this one usually doesn't usually change much.'

I am doing English (Advanced), Mathematics, Biology, Ancient History, Modern History and Studies Of Religion.

Thankyou very much in advance. I would really appreciate any feedback.

:) ummm
search this site.. [or alternatively ask my Husband- SoulSearcher to link you..]
to a page that has the moderation thing for each subject....
ie. average is 25.0 and above that means the subject scales wel..
[sorry, im just saying this so that people who know the link, know which page i'm referring to..]
I was on it the other day, but cant seem to find it.

p.s amazing name you've got there :)

Buiboi

HSC
N/A
nichhhole said:
:) ummm
search this site.. [or alternatively ask my Husband- SoulSearcher to link you..]
to a page that has the moderation thing for each subject....
ie. average is 25.0 and above that means the subject scales wel..
[sorry, im just saying this so that people who know the link, know which page i'm referring to..]
I was on it the other day, but cant seem to find it.

p.s amazing name you've got there :)
yeah i saw taht site before but isnt it a bit behind now? That ones like 2003 or something like that...are there any recent ones?

nicole21290

HSC
Hi thanks. Yep, Nicole is a fantastic name. *innocent voice* Why would you think that? *understanding comes as I look at user name* Oh. I totally agree -thanks again

nichhhole

asndihsCfuckingansbdiuahd
HSC
Buiboi said:
yeah i saw taht site before but isnt it a bit behind now? That ones like 2003 or something like that...are there any recent ones?
Um...
well, if you look at the tables.. [from memory], its got like 3 years worth of the stats, pretty much next to each other...
ie 2002,2003, and 2004.
Yes it is outdated, but if you compare a course from one year till the next, you notice that the points dont change that much.. ie.. perhaps a change of a point or 2 at most?

So it gives a rough indication of courses compared to each other...
:)

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
nichhhole said:
Um...
well, if you look at the tables.. [from memory], its got like 3 years worth of the stats, pretty much next to each other...
ie 2002,2003, and 2004.
Yes it is outdated, but if you compare a course from one year till the next, you notice that the points dont change that much.. ie.. perhaps a change of a point or 2 at most?

So it gives a rough indication of courses compared to each other...
:)
That, plus getting the table of scaling for subjects in more recent years. Here's 2005:
http://www.uac.edu.au/pubs/pdf/2005-Table-A3.pdf

The Bored of Studies one is on the main site, just go into Other Stuff, then Scaling, then click on Scaling of Courses.

Alternatively, you may click the link here.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)