Please Help, Im in a predicament (1 Viewer)

nic56

Sheep Station (farm 4city ppl) 50 km NW of Wentwor
HSC
Hello
I live in a small country area in south western NSW. 12 Hours from Sydney.
I need some advice on whether i should continue to study 12 units (6 subjects) or 10 units (5 subjects) for the remainder of my HSC.

I am currently Studying Society and Culture and really struggling. I am doing it by Distance Education due to the small number of students in my year (30) and lack of interest in the subject. For those who dont know what distance education is, it is were my weekly work is sent to me in the mail and i complete the work and mail it back for marking. I have no contact with my teacher and never recieve emails or phone calls( I am suppose to but she is a dud teacher). Society and Culture is a very diffuclt subject to tackle alone, u need to be able to dicuss things with other people.
If any one would be able to give me advice on the PIP it wuld be greatly appreciated. Does anyone know how the PIP is to be set out and what the word Limit is??

thanx heaps. cant wait to get some advice.

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
nic56 said:
Hello
I live in a small country area in south western NSW. 12 Hours from Sydney.
I need some advice on whether i should continue to study 12 units (6 subjects) or 10 units (5 subjects) for the remainder of my HSC.

I am currently Studying Society and Culture and really struggling. I am doing it by Distance Education due to the small number of students in my year (30) and lack of interest in the subject. For those who dont know what distance education is, it is were my weekly work is sent to me in the mail and i complete the work and mail it back for marking. I have no contact with my teacher and never recieve emails or phone calls( I am suppose to but she is a dud teacher). Society and Culture is a very diffuclt subject to tackle alone, u need to be able to dicuss things with other people.
If any one would be able to give me advice on the PIP it wuld be greatly appreciated. Does anyone know how the PIP is to be set out and what the word Limit is??

thanx heaps. cant wait to get some advice.
Theres examples and notes on how to set it out here:
http://community.boredofstudies.org/494/personal-interest-project-discussions/

Riddles

4th Gen. Ford Supporter
good question! u can ask me that if we get there
HSC
nic56, if ur struggling with a subject, u should drop it cos it won't do u any good to continue studying it. I was struggling wiv extension maths and i kept it and it dragged my UAI down shitloads. Continue wiv the subjects ur strongest at, and u should do well in them.

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
Riddles said:
nic56, if ur struggling with a subject, u should drop it cos it won't do u any good to continue studying it. I was struggling wiv extension maths and i kept it and it dragged my UAI down shitloads. Continue wiv the subjects ur strongest at, and u should do well in them.
Yeah that's right, but she might not have enough units.

P

pLuvia

Since you are doing it by Distant Education that must show you have a lot of interest going to all that trouble just to do that subject

timobr0

Ευθήμιος
HSC
I am doing it by Distance Education due to the small number of students in my year (30) and lack of interest in the subject.
She has stated she does not have much interest in it, so i suggest you drop it as you have enough units.

nahian

HSC
Nic I agree
I think you need discussions in class, you need that general 'interactive' environment to thoroughly understand society and culture, on top of that a great teacher makes a WORLD of difference, S&C I feel you really need explaining, especially continual guidance from the teacher in the PIP
without the interaction between the teacher and yourself, the PIP I don;t think will go anywhere, there are just so many crucial factors for success eg. tips on how to carry out methodologies, interpreting the results etc, that the teacher REALLY helpes out with, especially since its such a gradual process of recording, drafting, editing, redrafting etc

if any other S&c student can explain he might understand it more, in terms of what position he is in

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)