Please Help me! I wouldd like some advice on ATAR and medical school (1 Viewer)

Jelly1234

HSC
Hi there!!! I would really appreciate some advice from anyone who is willing to help me out :).
I'm doing the following subjects:
- general english
- general maths
- chemistry
- biology
-Pdhpe
- and a health course via Tafe.

I really need an ATAR of 95+ to get into the university of Queensland (UQ)

I was wondering if these subjects are suitable?
and what if I don't get an ATAR of 95+?
did i need to choose physics and advanced maths beforehand...

PLEASE ADVICE :)

thanks.

- Jelly:cry:

Praer

HSC
Uni Grad
should do advanced english, at least 3unit maths and i'd recommend physics instead of pdhpe.
And unless you ace the UMAT i don't think you'll get in med with 95... you really should be aiming at 99+ to increase your chance of getting into med.

Jelly1234

HSC
Thanks I also found out you can do individual subjects like e.g. physics via TAFE and advanced maths + extended....I really need to learn calculus also..

thank you for your advice..I had a feeling physics was priortisied...

so my subjects aren't competent enough to sustain the requirements to even get a spot in med. :(

snipez264

Mathlete
HSC
If there's a will there's a way. Sure those subjects are difficult to get a good atar in but it isn't impossible, just try the best of your ability and apply for the uni's which don't need an atar (ie UWS) where it is only the cut off for an interview (but you need a decent umat). GL and have fun :)

UWS = University of Western Sydney in NSW it may be a problem for you if you don't like interstate but still its better than nothing :smile:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)